Weight 1 lb 13 oz
Sizes 5 - 11 (Half Sizes)
Materials Waterproof Dura Leather and Mesh Upper

These were my first pair of hiking shoes and I hiked…

Summary

These were my first pair of hiking shoes and I hiked all over Scotland, Korea, and NZ without problems. Slipped while crossing a stream and my feet only got wet from the water getting in from the top. It's extremely comfortable even with my narrow feet and wide toes with painful bunions.

Pros

• Comfortable right out of the box
  • Kept my feet dry during hours of rain
  • Easy to lace tightly for hiking downhill

Cons

• Not a boot, so no ankle support

These were my first pair of hiking shoes and I hiked all over Scotland, Korea, and NZ without problems. I didn't know about breaking in shoes before a trip, but luckily these were very comfortable right out of the box. I have difficult feet, narrow but I need a wide toe box to accommodate my painful bunions.

Talking about bunions, I found that for me these shoes have the perfect degree of stiffness which means my big toe joint doesn't get overused and I only feel pain after very long days. I found it easy to tighten the laces to keep my foot in place during downhill hikes. I never got a blister.

The shoes remained dry during a constant rain on a couple of days in Scotland and my only issue with getting my feet wet was when I slipped while crossing a stream and the water got in from the top.

I found the traction on both wet and dry ground good, but realized that I needed to start wearing boots on difficult terrain to protect my ankles in the future.

I haven't used them in hot climates yet, so I can't comment on how well they will do when my feet are constantly sweaty. I wore them in the desert, but only during winter.

I have worn them for a few weeks at a time on maybe four trips as there are no places to go hiking where I live.

Welcome to Trailspace, Sabina! Thanks for sharing your first gear reviews with us. It sounds like you and your shoes have been to some great places.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Moab Waterproof versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the Moab Waterproof. Read all reviews »