Merrell Phaser Peak Waterproof

If you purchase the right Merrell hiking boot you…

Source: tried it in the store

Summary

If you purchase the right Merrell hiking boot you gotta say, sturdy, rugged and waterproof.

Unfortunately, for me, I have to purchase a men's boot, since I cannot find a women's boot that is wide enough for my extra, extra wide feet.

Pros

• Waterproof
  • Great ankle support
  • Decent traction on the trail with loose rock

Cons

• Too narrow for my extra wide feet — I still blister.

Love Merrell boots.  Much wider than Columbias.

Ankle support is great, since I cannot wear a low top boot or shoe and walk much distance after a couple of ankle sprains in my earlier years.

After I broke in the boot, they are comfortable, but due to my really super wide feet, I can get a blister after a really long hike.

I must say, the water resistance is pretty good, even walking through puddles/marshy areas. The water has to go over the top of my boot top in order to get my feet wet.

Traction on the trail and granite rock is great.

What is currently the Phaser Peak for women looks…

What is currently the Phaser Peak for women looks an awful lot like the Chameleons I bought in 2001 - minus the rubber toe cap.  Mine were a lighter brown with maroon accents. And yes I still have them after 10 years! And I hike a LOT and worked in the construction industry - spent a lot of time in gravel, on concrete, on trails and in snow with these.

The ankle support can't be beat, the foot bed cradles my dogs and the most important thing I like about these - especially if you are considering them for more than hiking - is that I can stand long hours on concrete in these with NO foot pain, shin soreness or leg fatigue. Same was true for hours and hours and miles and miles of rough terrain hiking.

For me these boots are the most versatile and comfortable footwear I have EVER owned! Not to mention long lasting!!! The only thing giving out on them now after TEN years is the Vibram soles - I have worn the oval nub pattern down completely flat!  I so wish they could be resoled because my feet just love these boots!

This is my 3rd pair of Merrell hiking boots and by far my favorites. Although the others were comfortable and held up a long time as well - these have just been exceptional!

I do totally agree with the other review that they are warm suckers if not downright hot in temps above 50 but they wick well inside and with good socks to pull the moisture off your skin, this is a small matter.

Remember they ARE waterproof and that is to be expected. The warmth issue never detracted from the overall comfort for me and made them stellar for treks out in sub freezing and sub zero weather!! Completely worth the money!

I've had these for about 4 years, they're beat down…

I've had these for about 4 years, they're beat down and well worn. So longevity they're great. I hike a lot.

My main problem with these boots is that they are very hot. I hike in colder weather, even, and still my feet get wet.

On a better note: no blisters, sturdy ankle support. Sometimes my arches hurt in these.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Phaser Peak Waterproof versions

In addition to the 3 women's reviews above, there are 13 reviews for other versions of the Phaser Peak Waterproof. Read all reviews »

CLOSEOUTS . Merrell's Phaser Peak hiking boots will stun you with amazing comfort, rugged durability and solid support; their waterproof breathable membrane and sturdy, Vibram(R) Phaser outsole are ready for anything the backcountry throws your way. Waterproof breathable membrane Waterproof nubuck leather upper is durable and flexible Omni-Fit and Bronze Loop system snugs boots around instep and ankle Waterproof bellow tongues keep out water and debris Lightweight polyester mesh lining absorbs excess moisture AEGIS Microbe Shield(R) antimicrobial treatment Removable, anatomically shaped EVA insole Compression-molded EVA midsole Air Cushion(R) heel pockets absorb shock and pad against rough terrain Injection-molded external wishbones support heels and ankles Vibram(R) Phaser rubber outsole with aggressive tread provides exceptional uphill/downhill grip Height: 5" Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz. pr. Medium width Made in China Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Available Colors: DARK BROWN. Sizes: 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11.

- Sierra Trading Post

For rough terrain performance with high-water capability, the Phaser Peak continues the Merrell waterproof hiking heritage. A nylon insole adds stability to a compression-molded EVA foot frame and Merrell's exclusive Vibram? Phaser sole. Waterproof nubuck leather upper with a waterproof membrane backed by polyester mesh lining. Omni-Fit; lacing system integrates laces, tongue, and upper for a secure fit. Women-specific Q-Form Alignment System supports and aligns a woman's natural stride. Bronze lace hooks. Waterproof tongue. Anatomical footbed (4.5 mm) optimizes comfort and support. Tapered nylon Grade 6 insole (6 mm) increases stability. Compression-molded EVA foot frame. Air Cushion?? midsole absorbs shock, adds stability, and centers the heel. Exclusive Vibram Phaser sole with trek rubber.

- EMS

Free Shipping. Merrell Women's Phaser Peak Waterproof Boot (Spring 2007) The Merrell Women's Phaser Peak Waterproof Boot is set-to-stun, rough terrain performance with high-water capability. The high-cut waterproof nubuck upper embodies Merrell waterproof construction throughout. A Merrell Grade 6 nylon insole adds stability to a compression molded EVA footframe and Merrell s exclusive Vibram Phaser Sole. Features Waterproof Construction Waterproof Nubuck Leather Upper Waterproof Bellows Tongue Injection Molded Wishbone External Counter Waterproof Membrane Backed with Polyester Mesh Lining Asymmetrical Bronze Double Lace Hooks Omni-Fit/Bronze Loop System 4.5mm Anatomical Footbed 6mm Tapered Nylon Grade 4 Insole Compression Molded EVA Footframe Air Cushion Midsole Vibram Phaser Sole/Trek Rubber

Merrell Women's Phaser Peak Waterproof

The Women's Phaser Peak Waterproof has been discontinued.

The Merrell Women's Phaser Peak Waterproof is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 7, 2011 at Sierra Trading Post.