Merrell Radius Waterproof

Dry, great wear, good looking, good traction, it had…

Summary

Dry, great wear, good looking, good traction, it had everything. Why would they quit making them???? I want another pair and I want them NOW!

Pros

• See above

Cons

• Not available any more

Wake up, Merrell. This was a great shoe and should be reproduced…PLEASE????

I love this shoe. I live on the outskirts of Chicagoland,…

Break-in Period: instant comfort

I love this shoe. I live on the outskirts of Chicagoland, where the weather is all over the place. These are the shoes I wear almost every day.

They are relatively waterproof (if not tied tight water will get in around laces). They keep my feet warm in negative degree weather and not too hot when its 90's+.

I have large, wide feet (size 15). These shoes fit perfect, just enough space for comfort and all around support. I've had almost 2 years now and they're still holding up great, I have never had an everyday show last over 6 months.

It does have some downfalls though, its traction lacks on slick surfaces, such as ice, trees, and wet rocks. You can move on these surfaces easily but it takes concentration not to slip. You have to pay attention to your foot placement and hold.

I've gone on several all day hikes and my feet never feel sore with these shoes. I mainly hike and light backpack (day trips and over nights) and these shoes are perfect for the trail. They have great traction on dirt, mud, gravel, dry rock, and snow. I highly recommend this shoe! especially to my fellow big foots.

Love this shoe for light backpacking and trail walking.

Use: trail, light backpacking, liesure

Love this shoe for light backpacking and trail walking. It doesn't breathe too fantastic, so if you have foot sweat problems not a good idea to get this shoe. I have wide feet and the shoe is just roomy enough to be near perfect.

From the center of town to the outer circle of nature, Merrell Radius waterproof cross-trainers adapt to your multisport demands. Uppers feature supple yet supportive and waterproof nubuck leather with protective rubber toe bumpers and injection-molded heel counters. Leather bellows tongues provide a superior fit and allow ventilation; narrow webbing lacing eyelets offer firm instep security. Waterproof laminates and polyester linings offer waterproof protection and disperse moisture quickly; taped seams and stitching add protection. Anatomic footbeds offer precision comfort and moisture management. Compression-molded EVA footframes with Air Cushion(R) heel pockets provide cushioning, stability and durability. Molded nylon arch shanks supply torsional stability on uneven terrain. Aggressive Vibram(R) Multi-Grip(TM) outsoles feature sticky rubber and deep lugs for stability and braking on various surfaces.

Merrell Radius Waterproof

The Radius Waterproof has been discontinued.

The Merrell Radius Waterproof is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 15, 2011 at REI.