Merrell Radius

I have now owned these shoes for 2 years so I felt…

Use: everything

I have now owned these shoes for 2 years so I felt that I can finally leave an accurate and worthwhile review. To start let me give you some personal stats: I am 6'2", 230lbs and size 15 shoes (i have very wide feet (3E) and wear their standard width is perfect). I have a very low natural arch, almost flat. Average miles hiked in a week are about 10-15 on top of just daily walkaround use.

The Review: I wear these shoes almost daily for hiking, backpacking, disc golfing, and just normal shoes. I'm from Northern Illinois but these shoes have been everywhere from the midwest to the southwest to the northwest and the mountains. In all conditions they have excelled, although when it gets extremely hot outside there is some minor overheating of the feet.

Just two months ago a small area of the sole began to separate (right where i rotate off of when I am disc golfing). The waterproofing has begun to fade some (starting about 6 months ago) and where the tongue attaches I have occasionally experienced some leakage. The break-in period was very short and at no time in the life of the shoes has my feet hurt or have I gotten blisters.

Since surface performance is what matters here it goes; general brown/black dirt: excellent, sand: excellent, snow and ice: good, mud: excellent, rock: very good, and pavement: excellent. I do enjoy climbing trees to which these shoes preform beautifully.

These shoes have impressed me so much that I will be a lifetime Merrell supporter as long as they continue to make such fine products. I tell everyone I know looking for shoes to look at Merrell.

This was a good comfy shoe. I gave it only four stars…

Materials: Leather
Use: Everyday
Break-in Period: Right away
Weight: 2 pounds

This was a good comfy shoe. I gave it only four stars because I've only had them for 3 months and they are close to wearing down all the way. I've seen people who have told me they have owned their shoes for up to 3 years. I see mine only lasting another 3 months.

Good shoe to do anything in. This shoe is water resistant, but I've used it in the rain and walked in streams and they have not gotten my feet wet. This shoe is as close to waterproof as you can get without paying the extra $40 for the Gore-Tex name.

An aggressive, low-cut all-terrain hiking shoe that keeps traction and protection at a high level. The Radius is built for multisport use.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Hike Saturday. Trail bike Sunday. Walk to work Monday. Run in the park Tuesday. Fly Wednesday. Power-shop Thursday. Party Friday. Radius: many directions, one shoe. Nubuck leather uppers and mesh bellows tongue and mesh lining keep you cool and comfortable whether you?re attacking a highly technical trail or a high-tech project at work. Vibram? Multi-Grip? sole with 5mm lugs performs multiple roles. Off-road performance with athletic-shoe styling.

- Ramsey Outdoor refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Heavy-duty trail shoes like Merrell's Radius don't come along every day; they're made with a lighter weight and ground-dripping 5mm lugs so you can scale steep, rocky trails with ease and stable, supportive comfort. Nubuck upper Polyester mesh lining treated with AEGIS Microbe Shield(R) antimicrobial Removable OrthoLite(R) anatomical insole Compression-molded EVA footframe and nylon arch shank Merrell(R) Air Cushion(R) midsole Rubber toe bumper and micro injection external heel counter Vibram(R) Multi-Grip rubber outsole with 5mm lug depth Weight: 2 lb. 4 oz. pr. Made in China Width: W (wide) Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide Available Colors: DARK TAUPE/RUST. Sizes: 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

An aggressive low-cut that's prone to roam, keeping traction and protection at a high level. Nubuck leather upper is slip-lasted for a close fit and fitted with narrow gauge tunnel webbing for effortless lacing. Wishbone heel counter and oversized toe bumper protect back to front. Vibram Multi-Grip sole.Slip Lasted ConstructionNubuck Leather UpperMicro Injection External Heal CounterRubber Toe Bumper7.5mm Narrow Gauge WebbingAir Mesh/Leather Bellows TonguePolyester Mesh Lining4.5 Anatomical FootbedNylon 6.6 Injection Molded Arch ShankCompression Molded EVA FootframeQ-Form Alignment System (women)Air Cushion Midsole5mm Sole Lug DepthVibram Multi-Grip Sole/TC1 & TC1+ RubberWeight: 2 lbs.

- Campmor refers to the men's version

From the center of town to the outer circle of nature, these Radius trainers adapt to your multisport demands. Uppers feature supple yet supportive nubuck leather with protective rubber toe bumpers and injection-molded heel counters. Air Mesh and leather bellows tongues provide a superior fit while enhancing ventilation; narrow webbing lacing eyelets offer firm instep security. Polyester mesh linings help absorb and disperse moisture quickly; heel loops aid ease entry. Anatomically shaped footbeds offer precision comfort and moisture management. Compression-molded EVA footframes with Air Cushion heel pockets provide cushioning, stability and durability. Molded nylon arch shanks supply torsional stability on uneven terrain. Aggressive Vibram Multi-Grip outsoles feature sticky rubber and deep lugs for stability and braking on various surfaces.

- REI refers to the men's version

Merrell Radius

The Radius has been discontinued.

The Merrell Radius is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 15, 2012 at EMS.