Merrells are great shoes. I bought these shoes just…

Materials: Leather lined gore-tex
Use: bumps, not mountains
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 115 lbs

Merrells are great shoes. I bought these shoes just for hiking around. If you don't do serious hiking, these shoes are fine. The eyelets are very thin and I have bent them. Not only that, the lateral support isn't too great. If you have to do serious hiking this shoe is not heavy enough. Even though it may not be good enough for a serious hike, it's a comfy shoe with no break in period at all. I was disappointed because it was sold to me as a heavy boot. I thought it was until I bought my pair of Lowas (Sareks) and there is a huge difference in quality and support. Not a bad shoe if you're not going on rough terrain.

Merrell Ridge Gore-Tex

The Ridge Gore-Tex has been discontinued.

The Merrell Ridge Gore-Tex is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at US Outdoor Store.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review