Merrell Robotic

This is an ultra light hiking or all around sport…

Materials: Leather, rubber, metal like mesh.
Use: Rough trail with pack.
Break-in Period: Not yet

This is an ultra light hiking or all around sport shoe, I choose them for hiking.

First, the picture is true to the product, great looking shoe. Really rugged looking! The knobs or I call the grippers, I can see them working very well. The shoe fits great if u have a narrow foot such as I. Very form fitting, so I think it gives a more natural feeling.

Keep in mind I have not worn these shoes on a hike yet, just received them. They feel great even with out socks, I wouldn't recommend hiking without socks but good for around town or at base camp for sure.

The only drawback I see is that they would let water in easily, so not good for hiking in the rain. I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. I hope this was a good review.

If you've owned or used a Merrell Robotic, please share your experience.

Merrell Robotic

The Robotic has been discontinued.

The Merrell Robotic is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 30, 2010 at Backcountry.com.