Merrell Siena

I have plantar fasciitis in both feet, a spur on my…

Materials: Leather upper
Use: All day, all activities.
Break-in Period: No Break-in period. Worn out of the store, and still wearing every day!!! Over a year now...

I have plantar fasciitis in both feet, a spur on my right heel, and also inherited painful ingrown toenails. Finding shoes, or I should say sandals so my toes are open, has been a challenge to say the very least.

In the last couple years, my feet have gotten really bad; only have about 45 mins on concrete floors before I am in so much pain, I need the store's complimentary electric cart to finish shopping. I found this sandal a year ago, after leaving a podiatrist's office with strict orders to get an orthopedic shoe.

This is the MOST WONDERFUL sandal, or shoe, I have EVER had! The comfort and support are literally breathtaking! I am now looking to buy another pair, or 2, or 4, or 6, in other colors too, to last me for as many years as I can. It is the ONLY shoe I will wear! I can even go walking through the bush if I wear the heel strap for more stability.

Hands down; or better, Both Feet Down and Walking, to this shoe! Thank-You, Merrell, for creating the most orthopedic, comfortable sandal in the world; never mind that it's also feminine, rugged, and sporty all at the same time!

The Merrell Siena sandals meld style and support into a comfortable design to keep you going all day, whether at work, strolling through the park or relaxing in the sun. Supple full-grain and nubuck leather uppers wrap insteps for a comfortable, secure fit; soft toe loops are comfortable between toes. Heel and instep straps have rip-and-stick adjustments so you can fine-tune the fit; remove the heel straps to convert sandals into slides. Smooth pigskin linings are soft next to skin. Suede-wrapped, anatomic footbeds with AEGIS Microbe Shield(R) antimicrobial treatment manage odor with ease. Triple-density EVA midsoles with Air Cushion(R) shock-absorbent heel pockets offer all-day cushioning comfort. Injection-molded nylon arch shanks add stability and support on uneven terrain. Q-Form(TM) alignment system provides women with a precise anatomic fit for superb, tailored comfort. Merrell Sunflower(TM) sticky rubber outsoles offer reliable non-slip traction on all types of surfaces.

Merrell adds feminine flair to the cheerful Women's Siena Sandal in a soft leather upper, casual slingback style with a round open toe. A leather toe thong loop and delicate braided nylon strap meet an asymmetrical leather vamp strap, wraparound Velcro&reg closure with removable slingback heel and wrap ankle strap. Features include a pigskin lining, Q-form aligning Cita-XY Aegis footbed, nylon arch shank and Air Cushion midsole. A Sticky Sunflower rubber outsole with a 1 inch heel gives exceptional grip.

- Altrec Outdoors

Merrell Siena

The Siena has been discontinued.

The Merrell Siena is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 29, 2011 at REI.

If you're looking for a new sandal, check out the best reviewed current models.