Merrell Siren Sport Gore-Tex XCR

Weight 1 lb 7 oz
Sizes 5 - 11 (Half Sizes) and Wide 5 - 11 (Half Sizes)
Materials Synthetic Leather and Mesh Upper

These are a great fit for me right out of the box.

Price Paid: $109 at REI

These are a great fit for me right out of the box. I have given them a 4.5 because the Gore-Tex makes them kind of hot. You will want a pair of camp shoes if you have hiked in them all day. Wear with gaiters for snowshoeing or hiking in muddy country.

I do not like the mid or high-ankle boots so these are my hiking shoes at Glacier National Park, Lake Chelan, Yellowstone, Grant Tetons, etc. I also wear them with casual wear. We take the bus in town so you never know when it might rain and these keep my socks dry.

I have a pair of the non-Gore-Tex ones, too and they fit the same, but are not as hot. They are also reasonably waterproof and I have worn them snowshoeing with gaiters as well.

I got my wife these shoes for her birthday a few months…

I got my wife these shoes for her birthday a few months ago. She has always been a rough it tough it kind of girl, hiking in just any shoes. I put a stop to it though with these! She loves them and I love them.

They look great! They seem tough with their vibram sole and they are wonderfully waterproof. I had her stand in a small creek and saw a smile on her face grow bigger and bigger.

I would highly recommend these for any active women who wants all the comfort of running shoes with the added lightness and durablility of hiking boots. They do run a half size small, she is a 4.5 and the 5 fits perfectly! I would recommend trying them on before purchasing.

I bought these last year as an light weight alternative…

Materials: gore-tex
Use: short dayhikes
Break-in Period: None

I bought these last year as an light weight alternative to my older, heavy Merrill Chameleons. I walk a couple of miles every day with my dog. These are fine for urban walking with a mix of concrete, grass and crushed limestone gravel.

I also tried these on short dayhikes up in Northern Wisconsin. While they were comfortable enough on really well groomed trails, the same isn't true on trails that aren't. There simply isn't enough support to be comfortable. I felt every rock, tree branch, rut that I stepped on. There is no ankle support.

I find that if I walk more a couple of miles in these shoes, my feet start to ache. On the plus side, I haven't gotten a blister yet.

They untie easily so I double knot to solve that problem.

Visit Merrell's Siren Sport Gore-Tex XCR page.

Discover a versatile, lightweight hiking shoe for women. The women's Siren Sport from Merrell is an all-weather sport shoe designed to keep pace with whatever mother nature throws at you. The mesh upper and GORE-TEX membrane create the highest level of breathability in waterproof hiking shoes for women. Plus, narrow gauge webbing and synthetic leather strapping provide support while anchoring speed lacing. Whether you're looking for a day hiker or women's athletic shoes for mountain biking and trail running, the women's Siren Sport is agile and supportive enough for any adventure. Order yours today to get the Merrell Air Cushion, Vibram sole and QForm stride-centering you need for comfort, traction and alignment when navigating varied terrain.

- Merrell

Description Of Merrell Siren Sport Gore-Tex XCR Hiking Shoes - WomensAs a result of your 9 to 5 where you crunch numbers and file TPS reports the thought of indoor exercise sickens you. With Gore-Tex Gasket construction and Vibram Siren SoleTC5 these Merrell hiking shoes turn the entire Columbia River Gorge into your playground. You would rather hike to the top of Beacon Rock in a pair of hiking shoes that allow you to turn that stairmaster into a jungle gym where bounding from rock to rock and tromping trails replaces what you would be watching on television. FeaturesGORE-TEX Gasket ConstructionSynthetic LeatherPigskin LeatherGORE-TEX XCR Fabric Lining4.5mm Anatomical FootbedNylon 6.6 Injection Molded Arch ShankQ-Form Triple Density Compression Molded EVA FootframeAir Cushion Midsole5mm Sole Lug DepthVibram Siren SoleTC5 RubberWomens Weight 1 lb. 8 ozs.

- US Outdoor Store

Women's Merrell Siren Sport GORE-TEX XCR Hiking Shoe is a waterproof breathable trail shoe designed specifically for the way a woman walks. GORE-TEX waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry, both from moisture outside and sweat inside. Strobel construction wraps Synthetic leather and breathable mesh around your foot, adjusted to the perfect fit with Omni-Fit lacing. A bellowed tongue keeps trail debris out. An interior lining is treated with Aegis antimicrobial solution to keep these trail shoes fresh. QForm midsoles work specifically with a woman's stride, giving you better cushioning and proper alignment through each step. A molded nylon arch shank adds structure and protection. A Merrell Air Cushion in the heal adds shock absorption and stability. Vibram Siren Song Soles with TC5+ rubber and a 5 sole lug depth gives awesome traction in rough terrain. A great all around women's hiking boot with GORE-TEX performance and Merrell comfort. Materials: Synthetic Leather, Mesh, GORE-TEX waterproof breathable membrane. Ortholite anatomical footbed. QForm comfort midsole. Merrell Air Cushion. Molded Nylon Arch Shank. Weight: 1 lb 7 oz

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Merrell Womens Siren Sport XCR GTX - The Siren all weather sport shoe sounds the alarm when the weather comes up bad, and keeps pace with the worst it can throw out. Mesh upper backed by GORE-TEX(R) membrane has the highest level of breathability while being completely waterproof without any unwanted bulk-up. Narrow gauge webbing and synthetic leather strapping provide support while anchoring speed lacing. Underneath it's all about cushioning and alignment, with proprietary Merrell(R) Air Cushion matched to QForm(R) stride-centering. UPPER/LINING * Strobel construction offers flexibility and comfort * Synthetic leather and mesh upper * Bellows tongue keeps debris out * GORE-TEX(R) Extended Comfort Footwear lining keeps feet dry and comfortable * Lining treated with Aegis(R) antimicrobial solution * Ortholite(R) Anatomical Footbed MIDSOLE/OUTSOLE * Molded nylon arch shank * QForm(R) Comfort midsole provides women's specific stride-sequenced cushioning * Merrell(R) Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability * 5mm Sole lug depth * Vibram(R) Siren Song Sole/TC5+ Rubber * Weight: 1 lb 7 ozs.

- Massey's Outfitters

Merrell Siren Sport Gore-Tex XCR

The Merrell Siren Sport Gore-Tex XCR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 4, 2013 at Tahoe Mountain Sports.