Merrell Snowmotion 6 Waterproof

Warm and comfortable indeed. I bought these in January…

Warm and comfortable indeed. I bought these in January 2010 in NYC, and 'broke them out' in January 2011 in Argentina. They survived Torres del Paine for 9 days, and then simply fell apart in Laguna del los Tres near El Chalten, after 3 weeks of use.

Quite a disappointment: the toebox of the right shoe detached on its left side from the sole of the shoe. I tried going to cobblers in El Calafate, El Chalten and Bariloche - everyone said it's impossible ('es plastico! no es possible!').

I tried fixing it myself with plastic glue, and it lasted for a few days. I used leather inside and outside, compromising on water-proofing, but it still wouldn't last for long. The sole started detaching shortly after, and then the other (left) shoe showed a crack in the top of it, next to the laces-area. This was only a month and a half after first use.

These shoes were stored in a cool, dry place and were not on display for long. They were treated with respect and simply did not last. Too bad.

Merrell Snowmotion 6 Waterproof

The Snowmotion 6 Waterproof has been discontinued.

The Merrell Snowmotion 6 Waterproof is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 15, 2011 at Eddie Bauer.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.