Merrell Summit

I purchased these in 2002 and have used them day hiking…

I purchased these in 2002 and have used them day hiking in Hawaii and trudging through the snow in Maine. A great, comfortable pair of boots. They keep your feet dry and are very comfortable.

My first choice when I go winter hiking in Maine. The Vibram soles keep me stable on the ice and with a trusty set of gaiters I can go through two feet of snow.

Merrel Summit hiking boots are fairly comfortable…

Materials: Leather
Use: Light hiking/backpacking
Break-in Period: minimal
Weight: 3lbs

Merrel Summit hiking boots are fairly comfortable with ample metatorsal accomodation and a wide toe box. Both are found in this Light hiker/ light backpacking leather boot. The tongue is gusseted with nylon fabric that could cause you to get wet if you don't treat it with a fabric sealer.

Look for defects in materials and workmanship especially the amount of padding in the rear and sides of the boot. If they are inspected before you buy you can avert any problems. I wrap the laces behind the heel to secure the fit on long acents, but the fit is rather snug and comfortable. The vibram sole is a plus. I would recomend a pair of superfeet for them to give your feet better resistance on long hikes. Overall the best boot for my problem feet. I am very happy with mine.

Merrell shoes are made in US sizes. Whether you're into fastpacking or you just prefer to go light, Merrell's lightweight Summit is an excellent all-leather choice for extended dayhikes or overnight trips with light loads. The durable 2.4 mm. full grain leather upper resists abrasion and moisture while the tough leather/Cordura bellows tongue keeps mud and trail debris away from your feet.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the women's version

The Merrell Summit Hiking boots features all-leather for comfort and durability. Ideal for long hikes with a day pack or family overnights with lighter loads.

- FogDog Sports refers to the women's version

Merrell Summit

The Summit has been discontinued.

The Merrell Summit is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 13, 2008 at Altrec Outdoors.