Great for everyday use, but not stable enough for…

Summary

Great for everyday use, but not stable enough for longer hikes. Excellent quality and comfort.

Pros

• Cushioning
  • Quality
  • Style

Cons

• Not stable enough for hiking

I was actually looking for a trail runner not for trail running but to be used professionally at work.

I went to an REI garage sale when I saw a pair of the Telluride lace shoes and tried them on and bought them. I have had foot problems for years so always wear running or trail runners with my suits. But I get a lot of garbage about it because I have never found such a shoe that looks like a dress shoe.

So I was at an REI garage sale when I saw a pair of these for $13.50 because an eyelet was broken. They looked like I could get away with them as dress shoes. I tried them on and they were so comfortable, particularly in the heel which felt like an air sole. It cost me $4 to repair the eyelet.

Great shoe for walking and work. But they are not well suited for long hikes because they are low and not particularly stable in the ankle area. I have been on a few long hikes with them and though they were comfortable during the hikes, later my feet were sore and swollen. On shorter hikes I had no such problems. I think the shoe lacks the substance to insure foot and ankle areas are stable on longer hikes. They are great for even, handpicked trails, not so good for scree or cambered trails or over boulders or slabs.

Nonetheless, for the purpose I bought them for they are dandy. Comfort, comfort, comfort for everyday walking around, with the benefit of being able to wear them with a suit and not having them noticed as a hiking shoe. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the review, JJB. It sounds like you found another excellent shoe bargain in these!

JJB

Rei garage sales and the Evolve and the Five Ten outlet there in Redlands and Buena Park have incredible bargains on closeouts that are better that their online prices.

That's great!