Merrell Thermo 6 Waterproof

Weight 1 lb 2 oz
Sizes 7 - 12 (Half Sizes) 13, 14, 15
Materials Nubuck Leather Upper

I purchased these at the start of winter 2010 and…

Price Paid: 129.95 CAD

I purchased these at the start of winter 2010 and have been getting serious mileage out of them. I wore them straight out of the box and have never felt the slightest hint of a blister or hotspot.

Between commuting, snowshoeing, hiking and geocaching, they've kept me warm, dry and stable in slush, ice, snow, mud and deep puddles. The treads grip like crampons, I trudge up and down steep icy hills no problemo.

Bottom line: my feet have yet to be wet, cold or uncomfortable in these beauties.

5/5

I got these boots last year for Christmas - I loved…

Use: hikinh
Break-in Period: 2 days

I got these boots last year for Christmas - I loved the look of them when I saw them in the store but they didn't have my size, we later found them online. I haven't been hiking for long and I have only owned a few pairs of boots and shoes, but it is hard for me to imagine a better pair of boots.

I gave it 4.5 stars just because I haven't owned too many pairs.

The Merrell Thermo 6 is the hands down best hiking…

Use: from dayhikes to month expiditions.
Break-in Period: 1 hour or less

The Merrell Thermo 6 is the hands down best hiking boot I've ever worn! The comfort is second to none. I spent a week looking all over town for my own pair after trying on a friend's. I ended up ordering from altrec.com.

After 4 hrs of hiking on my first time out with them my feet felt incredibly good. I brought my North Face slippers for around camp like I always do and found i didn't need them. I wore my Thermo 6's till it was time for bed.

I have owned several other Merrell boots and loved each of them for there comfort but the Thermo 6's are on a whole new level. I am going to buy another pair so that when I wear these out I won't be sad because I can't find them anymore, they're that great!

I have been camping/backpacking/hiking for almost 30 years and boots just don't get any better than this. they will keep your feet warm and dry on the most awful of days. The only reason for the 4.5 is that I don't give anything man-made a perfect score.

Visit Merrell's Thermo 6 Waterproof page.

The Merrell Men's Thermo 6 Waterproof Boot is a highly functional, bad-weather boot in a practical and popular height that's suitable for hiking, sledding or snowshoeing. The lightweight TPU shell is completely waterproof, close-molded to the foot and fitted out with easy-striding flex ribs at the forefoot and ridges at the heel to secure a snowshoe strap or for hands-off boot removal. The waterproof nubuck leather upper combines Polartec Thermo 200 lining over 200 gram Thinsulate insulation for three-season comfort while the low post lace anchor directly in the shell allows precise, athletic lace tension. The Vibram Thermo 6 Sole recruits tire-chain pattern lugs with flaring and high-braking pillars for wide-range grip.

- Altrec Outdoors

Hike, sled or snowshoe your way through bad weather with these Waterproof nubuck leather upper combines Merrell Opti-Warm and Thinsulate insulation for three-season comfort. The lightweight TPU shell is completely waterproof, close-molded to the foot with easy striding flex ribs at the forefoot. Heel ridges secure a snowshoe strap, and the laces are anchored directly in the shell for precise, athletic lace tension. The tire-chain pattern lugs on the Vibram sole power up anything.

- Merrell

Hike, sled, or snowshoe your way through bad weather with the Vibram traction, Thinsulate insulation, and flexible TPU shell of Merrell's Thermo 6 Waterproof Winter Hiking Boots.This product will be shipped directly from Merrell and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.

- EMS

Men's Merrell Thermo 6 Waterproof Boots are perfect winter boots for sledding, hiking or snowshoeing. A TPU waterproof shell is durable and wraps around the foot. A Nubuck leather upper keeps the waterproof coverage going up the ankle while adding flexibility for range of motion. Flex ribs in the TPU shell enhance stride in the front. A strap ridge in the TPU keeps your snowshoe straps in place in the back. Completely backed by a waterproof membrane so water and snow can't find its way in. Polartec lining with Aegis antimicrobial solution fights the funk factor. Thinsulate Insulation keeps your feet warm while hiking in snow. Laces are anchored right into the shell for a precise fit. Merrell's ActiveHeat insole reflects heat back at you when standing on cold ground. Compression molded EVA foot frames with air cushioned heals add stability and cushion. Vibram Thermo 6 Soles made with Trek Dura Rubber and 6mm sole lug depth gives you great traction in snow and winter conditions. Love snow? You'll love these boots from Merrell Footwear. Materials: TPU Shell, Nubuck Leather, Waterproof Membrane backing. Liner: Polartec with Aegis antimicrobial treatment. Insulation: 200 g of Thinsulate Insulation. Insole: Ortholite with Merrell ActiveHeat silver reflective film and insulating polyester layers. Midsole: Compression molded EVA footframe with Merrell air cushion. Outsole: Vibram THermo 6 sole Trek Dura Rubber, 6mm sole lug depth. Temperature range: down to -25 degrees Fahrenheit (-32 degrees Celsius). Weight: 1 lb 2 oz (510 g)

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Merrell Men's Thermo 6 Waterproof

The Merrell Men's Thermo 6 Waterproof is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 8, 2014 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new winter boot, check out the best reviewed current models.