Merrell Ventilator Lo

I bought these to take the place of two pairs of Nike…

Materials: Leather/Mesh
Use: Rough Trail/ Light Pack
Break-in Period: None really
Weight: 1.8 lbs

I bought these to take the place of two pairs of Nike Air Madas and what a difference! The Ventilators are firm under foot, provide good support and the Vibram soles give a great grip. They fit me very well (I have a medium width, "low volume" foot) and are MUCH cooler than my Vasque Sundowners (my only complaint about them). That coolness will exact a price in the wet, I'm sure -- but I haven't fallen off that bridge yet.

So far I don't have more than 100 miles on the Ventilators, but they are holding up well and fit my need for a durable "do anything" shoe.

Low-profile day hiking shoes with extra breathable mesh uppers and quick, responsive performance slip you in and out of the backcountry with ease. Flexible and breathable Ventilator mesh uppers and padded tongues offer comfort in hot, humid conditions. Injection-molded thermoplastic urethane ankle overlays and heel and toe rands provide protection and enhanced stability on the move. Removable EVA footbeds are anatomically shaped and add cushioning to midsoles. Compression-molded In-Board™ EVA midsoles supply form-fit cushioning for all-day comfort. Injection-molded nylon arch shank, nylon midsole supports and TPU heel counters supply effective support for stability on rough terrain. Air Cushion® heel pockets in midsoles help absorb excess shock and stabilize stride. Durable Vibram® Day Hiker™ rubber outsoles with 5mm lugs deliver reliable traction and braking on most surfaces. Closeout.

Merrell Ventilator Lo

The Ventilator Lo has been discontinued.

The Merrell Ventilator Lo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at REI.