Merrell Waterpro Ultra-Sport

This is the best damn shoe I've ever had! When they…

Use: light hiking, watersport, on your feet all day work shoe
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 1.5 Lbs

This is the best damn shoe I've ever had! When they wear out I'm going to purchase another pair just like 'em.

I've been through countless bodies of water in these shoes. They have an incredible vibram sole that will grip anything. I bought these after returning two pair of Merrell Vapors (the vVapors just have design problems).

I also use these year round with a thick sock in the winter and you can adjust them to fit correctly. I use them at work everyday. After a weekend at the river when they are wet and I leave them at home to dry, I can tell what a difference they make when I have to wear another shoe to work.

These shoes are amazing. I kind of feel like an idiot…

These shoes are amazing. I kind of feel like an idiot because I've had them for almost two years and I just now realized they are water shoes. Hah. They are so light and comfortable, yet they still offer plenty of support.

I bought these for a trip to Europe, where weight and breathability were both issues. I couldn't have been more pleased. For me, these double as casual shoes because they look sleek and great with jeans.

As a previous reviewer already said, I will definitely be buying another pair of these when they wear out-- if ever!

Nice light, water shoe. Used it for a canyoneering…

Break-in Period: None

Nice light, water shoe. Used it for a canyoneering trip in Zion last summer. Probably better for kayaking or canoeing than for canyoneering - the strap that wraps around the shoe and helps adjust the fit won't last long in the canyons.

These shoes were amazing. I’ve used them for portaging…

Use: Boundary Waters Canoe-Camping

These shoes were amazing. I’ve used them for portaging for about 21 days in the Boundary Waters in the last 3 years. They give me more support and fit tighter than Keen closed-toe sandals. I strongly recommend them.

If you've owned or used a Merrell Waterpro Ultra-Sport, please share your experience.

Merrell Waterpro Ultra-Sport

The Waterpro Ultra-Sport has been discontinued.

The Merrell Waterpro Ultra-Sport is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 3, 2010 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new water shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.