Millet Radikal

This report is based on ice climbing only 5 days in…

Materials: space age

This report is based on ice climbing only 5 days in these boots. So far, I have been pleased. I have cold feet and these boots have kept me warm in below 0 weather. Fit is more narrow than the Nepal EVO, but not too narrow. With a pair of Smartwool Mountaineering socks, they are snug, but still have room to wiggle toes.

This is my first pair of climbing boots that aren't plastic so while I love the weight difference, and the improved feel, I have to remember I don't have to kick quite so hard.

The only negative at this point is I have some pressure on my right foot (near the little toe).

The boot is very waterproof and I plan to wear these boots this summer in the Cascades.

For next-generation ascents of big peaks and intimidating ice falls, lace up the Millet Men's Radikal Mountaineering Boot, and get weather protection along with a precise fit for demanding alpine applications. This lightweight mountain boot features a two-layer waterproof and insulating upper with a phylon honeycomb structure for support and protection. The 3D mesh lining features internal vent channels to keep you from overheating on difficult mixed pitches, and a waterproof overlap that covers the boot's gusseted tongue. The Vibram Teton sole gives you a solid grip when you're not wearing crampons, and the speed-lace system locks your foot in place.

Millet Radikal

The Radikal has been discontinued.

The Millet Radikal is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 4, 2010 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.