Mion Flood Gate Slide

I rated the Flood Gate slide a low 3 because it's…

Materials: Recycled compound

I rated the Flood Gate slide a low 3 because it's not as comfortable as my favorite Ebb Tide slides which I "can't leave home without"! I am a huge fan of the Ebb Tide slide. Probably have every pair in every color that I could find to purchase. So I couldn't wait to buy the Flood Gate women's slide.

This week I bought the FG (backless) slide in a very nice shade of green. The upper mesh webbing has a Velcro closure so you can easily adjust the fit of the shoe. Your toes are more protected (no chance of toes popping out of the top of the shoe) as can occasionally happen with the Ebb or Current slides.

However, I felt that the soles of the FG slide are not as cushiony as the Ebb slide. Comparing the FG slide with the Ebb, I think the FG slide has a slightly thicker, perhaps a sturdier sole and the slide feels heavier. I hate to say this but I thought the FG slide looked cheap!

As I am used to walking on clouds every day with my Mion Ebbies, they will remain my favorite slide.

The Mion Floodgate Slide is a perfect blend of river performance and city style. The Floodgate Slide transitions well from rapids to the local watering hole. Closeout- sale limited to stock on hand. Floodgate Slide Features: Hydrophobic midsole, toe box and insole don't absorb water and the recycled mesh webbing and upper linings are non-wicking, fast drying. Ultimate protection- protective toe is complimented by sand and water drainage ports. Ultra-lite IMEVA - injection molded EVA midsole is lightweight and comfortable too! Wet/Dry traction - Ultimate traction on wet and dry surfaces with slip resistant tread design. Outsole features non-marking Gripstick (TM) rubber with 15% recycled Round 2 Rubber (TM) (R2R) compound. 100% Water Compatible

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

Open the gates, cause there's a flood. This sandal is similar to the classic Flood Gate's but offers a different feel without the heel strap. This webbed river sandal to you're feet, and your off to one great water filled adventure. Mion has discovered what durable lightweight webbing can do to secure your feet to the contoured footbed made with Round 2 EVA material. Get to the water, and get to have some fun with a pair of Mion Flood Gate Slides. Mion Flood Gate Slide Sandal Features: Protective toe Quick release buckle 360 Webbing Upper Round 2 EVA (R2E)T Ultra-Lite IMEVA Midsole 100% water compatible Wet/dry traction Contoured footbed Gripstick Outsole Round 2 Rubber (R2R)T Weight: 12 ounces in size 9

- Mountain Hideaway refers to the men's version

Mion Flood Gate Slide

The Flood Gate Slide has been discontinued.

The Mion Flood Gate Slide is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 27, 2010 at OMCgear.

If you're looking for a new sport sandal, check out the best reviewed current models.