I rated the Flood Gate slide a low 3 because it's…

Materials: Recycled compound

I rated the Flood Gate slide a low 3 because it's not as comfortable as my favorite Ebb Tide slides which I "can't leave home without"! I am a huge fan of the Ebb Tide slide. Probably have every pair in every color that I could find to purchase. So I couldn't wait to buy the Flood Gate women's slide.

This week I bought the FG (backless) slide in a very nice shade of green. The upper mesh webbing has a Velcro closure so you can easily adjust the fit of the shoe. Your toes are more protected (no chance of toes popping out of the top of the shoe) as can occasionally happen with the Ebb or Current slides.

However, I felt that the soles of the FG slide are not as cushiony as the Ebb slide. Comparing the FG slide with the Ebb, I think the FG slide has a slightly thicker, perhaps a sturdier sole and the slide feels heavier. I hate to say this but I thought the FG slide looked cheap!

As I am used to walking on clouds every day with my Mion Ebbies, they will remain my favorite slide.

Mion Flood Gate Slide

The Flood Gate Slide has been discontinued.

The Mion Flood Gate Slide is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 27, 2010 at OMCgear.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review