Mion Flood Tide

I have the Mion Floodgate Sandal and want some more!!!!

Summary

I have the Mion Floodgate Sandal and want some more!!!!

Pros

• They are great — I wear them all summer in Georgia and more.

Cons

• They stopped making them.

One of the best trail-water-summer shoe I've ever put on my feet. I teach high school and all the kids think that they are some version of Chacos. They are more comfortable than Chacos!! I need some more!!!

The first to write a review - why sure I'll take a…

Materials: rubber material of some kind
Use: many; kayaking, walking, poolside, stability on wet surfaces.
Break-in Period: 12 hours for the footbed
Weight: 13-14 ozs.
Price Paid: List Price

The first to write a review - why sure I'll take a shot at it! I am not a writer by trade, which will soon become evident as you read my review - but I do know what feels good on my feet.

Last month I was looking for a shoe that I could use whether in my kayak or walking my dog. Since I don't own a lot of shoes and am certainly rough on the ones I do own, I was looking for a stout shoe that could serve multiple functions. As someone who has difficulty with the sure-footedness of a typical flip-flop, I love the security of a shoe that bestows confidence with each step, regardless of the terrain. The Mion seems to address these needs very well. Whether on dry land, wet land or the inside of a kayak, the shoe provides excellent traction.

The shoes' liquid flowing, trek design also raises a lot of eye-brows. It's an incredibly clever design, melding an awesome footbed (w/memory), a unique lacing system all tied to a killer sandal-like molding. I'm intentionally sparring you a lot of very special trademarked descriptions for the technologies used in the Mion, bottom-line it's a very comfortable, breathable shoe that becomes 'one' with your foot.

In the last couple days I wore them while pressure washing my deck. After 8 hours of continuous water, and constant movement, my feet felt great and I never wavered in my stance. This is up and down ladders, stairs, kneeling and standing. Another nice mentionable is the fact that the front of the Mion protects your toes. For me that meant no stubbed toes or splinters, which is a definite plus.

Just today I was wearing my Mions, while picking up my daughter from swimming practice at the high school. While 'on deck' at the pool I had three 'swim moms' ask me about my shoes. They told me I looked very stylish. One of them even wanted me to let her try on my Mion’s, which I did. They were a hit, look out crocs!

Thanks to its two-in-one construction, the Mion Men's Flood Tide II Water Shoes are at home in and on all types of boats. Mion added a removable bootie to its Current Sandal in order to create this versatile shoe that supplies comfort, support, traction, and protection. The sandal features ribs with a climbing-grade cinch cord spiraling through them that allow you to get the precise fit you need to match your activity. A toe bumper protects piggies, and the grippy outsole with siping gives you traction on both wet and dry surfaces. The Flood Tide II's amphibious mesh bootie lets your feet breathe yet drains water and blocks scree and sand.

- Backcountry Outlet

Water shoes go high-tech with the innovative Flood Tide sandals. Featuring a footbed that molds to the shape of your foot within hours, plus a sole that actually gets stickier in water, you'll have incredible stability in riverbeds, moving streams, and muddy trails. Comes with a removable neoprene booty. Sculpted Super-Structure upper wraps around foot in critical areas to keep the foot in place. Ergomorphic footbed provides an anatomically shaped surface that permanently forms to the shape of your foot and features Aegis odor control. Gripstick wet/dry traction-rubber is sticky, even in water, with razor-edged Quad Cut siping. One-piece climbing-grade cord traces the Super-Structure, spiraling around your foot with precise pressure needed for each area of the foot. Front sole serves as a bumper and protects the foot. Neoprene booty easily removes from the sandal. 100% waterproof material can't absorb or retain water, unlike footwear made from leather or fabric. Lightweight at 2 pounds 2 ounces per pair (based on a men's size 9).

- EMS

Mion Flood Tide

The Flood Tide has been discontinued.

The Mion Flood Tide is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 3, 2009 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new water shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.