Mishmi Takin Kameng Mid eVent

Weight 630 g / 1 lb 6 oz

My experience with a brand new shoe in the Himalayas.

My experience with a brand new shoe in the Himalayas.

• Very comfortable on rocky and rough sections with sharp rocks
  • Great grip on wet rock, slush, and some icy patches as well
  • Lightweight and breathable
  • Shoe lacing and material for the thread is top notch. Tie and forget.

• Not insulated

I finally got the shoe I had been waiting for. Had to go on a quick trip in the Himalayas, start of winter, needed to cover about 45 kms in two days on a hard trail. Wore it straight on the day I was suppose to hike and everything was smooth.

Waterproofing really works. The grip on icy patches was great.

After a short break, had another chance to hike above 3,200 meters in about 2-3 feet of snow and it was a dream. Not an inch was wet within.

The comfort level of a shoe for walking on steep surfaces with and without ice is outstanding! The insulation levels are average, so I had to wear really thick and warm socks for minus 20° C, but the make and materials within the shoe insured no blisters.

Two trips, over 100 kms done in the Himalayas in a brand new shoe. Well done, Kameng!

I have been over glaciated sections with sharp rocks where many shoes start to show wear patterns early on. Kameng showed no such signs after 100+ kms of hiking, most of it in rocky sections above 3000 meters.

Welcome to Trailspace, Chetan. Thanks for sharing your first gear reviews with us. Do you have any pictures of your shoe in use you could show others in your review?

Nick Mesarhakis

I've read many great things when it comes to eVent fabrics but never owned any. Do you get sweaty feet in summer? Judging by it's performance on steep rocks I'd say that the midsole semi-stiff (rated B2), right? Price?

Great lightweight, waterproof boot. I was given the…

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.)

Great lightweight, waterproof boot.

• Waterproof
  • Breathable

• A little rigid to start
  • Priced a little high

I was given the opportunity to try these boots out to review. I have had them about two months at this writing and love them. They fit really well and are easy to take on and get off.

They are a little rigid and require some breaking in, but not enough to cause blisters. They are lightweight, but offer plenty of ankle support. They are waterproof, but still breathable.They have great traction on both dry and wet ground.

I have used these on neighborhood walks as well as hitting some trails and they work in all circumstances.

Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.

Welcome to Trailspace, James.