Misty Mountain Cadillac

I got a deal on the older style harness (no fleece-lining)…

I got a deal on the older style harness (no fleece-lining) through Mountain Gear. This harness does a good job overall. I would say its weakest aspect is durability, second to value. The first things to go were the leg loop straps on the back of the harness. Then the waistbelt started to tear a bit in the back. Six gear loops are nice, and it was pretty comfortable at hanging belays (though I did expect more from such a pricey harness).

The new fleece-lined version seems like it would be hot in summer, but perhaps more comfortable. Worth it if it fits you well and you have the money. Definitely check out the Yates Astroman and Metlius Safetech. I may end up purchasing the Misty Mountain Sonic for my next harness...it seems a bit less overkill for cragging.

If you've owned or used a Misty Mountain Cadillac, please share your experience.