I absolutely loved these shoes when I first got them.

Materials: suede, gryphonite rubber
Use: indoor rock climbing
Break-in Period: a few hours

I absolutely loved these shoes when I first got them. They fit like a dream. The rubber was great for smearing.

The major disappointment I had with them was that a buckle broke after 1 month, rendering the shoe useless as my heel would lift out of the shoe. I went to 2 different shoe repair shops and none of them could fix it because they didn't have the part. I went to a fabric store and a hardware store, but couldn't find the part. Montrail also stopped manufacturing the shoe.

I could just exchange them, but who's to say it won't happen again? One month was all it took and I only climb a couple times a week. Whose genius idea was it to use a soft metal?

Montrail Gymbo

The Gymbo has been discontinued.

The Montrail Gymbo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 8, 2010 at Moosejaw.

"Lazy. And Damn Good Looking"—Meet Andy, Backpacker, Geographer, Reviewer of the Month

Black Rock Gear The Original Review