I absolutely loved these shoes when I first got them.

Materials: suede, gryphonite rubber
Use: indoor rock climbing
Break-in Period: a few hours

I absolutely loved these shoes when I first got them. They fit like a dream. The rubber was great for smearing.

The major disappointment I had with them was that a buckle broke after 1 month, rendering the shoe useless as my heel would lift out of the shoe. I went to 2 different shoe repair shops and none of them could fix it because they didn't have the part. I went to a fabric store and a hardware store, but couldn't find the part. Montrail also stopped manufacturing the shoe.

I could just exchange them, but who's to say it won't happen again? One month was all it took and I only climb a couple times a week. Whose genius idea was it to use a soft metal?