Montrail Gymbo

I absolutely loved these shoes when I first got them.

Materials: suede, gryphonite rubber
Use: indoor rock climbing
Break-in Period: a few hours

I absolutely loved these shoes when I first got them. They fit like a dream. The rubber was great for smearing.

The major disappointment I had with them was that a buckle broke after 1 month, rendering the shoe useless as my heel would lift out of the shoe. I went to 2 different shoe repair shops and none of them could fix it because they didn't have the part. I went to a fabric store and a hardware store, but couldn't find the part. Montrail also stopped manufacturing the shoe.

I could just exchange them, but who's to say it won't happen again? One month was all it took and I only climb a couple times a week. Whose genius idea was it to use a soft metal?

On Sale. Free Shipping. Montrail Gymbo Climbing Shoe (Spring 2008) The Gymbo by Montrail is for climbers looking for a low-priced slipper. The Velcro closure system, wide opening, and padded tongue make it easy to fit.Weight: 7 oz./213 g. (size 39) Stick Gryptonite GC for durability - Sticks to polished slopers and micro edges - Highly sensitive Fit Like only leather fits Forgiving construction Fits all foot types Easy on easy off Design Ultralight Ultra comfortable Minimalist Supportive for edging Soft for smearing Animal Gym sessions Bouldering Training Fast and light expeditions Home woody walls

- Moosejaw refers to the unisex version

The Gymbo Rock Shoe by Montrail is an exceptionally well-made and great-fitting shoe for entry-level climbers, gym rentals, demos, and training programs. The all-leather construction and simple strap closure make it easy to put on and adjust. This excellent performer for easy to moderate climbing was designed specifically for a diverse population.

- RockCreek refers to the unisex version

Priced and built right for entry-level climbers, the Montrail Gymbo Climbing Shoe offers exceptional value in a well-made and highly reliable design. The all-leather upper has a simplified tongue and easy strap closure for quick adjustments. It's everything new climbers need for easy to moderate rock and gym walls.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the unisex version

Montrail Gymbo

The Gymbo has been discontinued.

The Montrail Gymbo is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 8, 2010 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new climbing shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.