Montrail Moraine AT

I bought these at REI prior to my first lengthy backpacking…

Use: mainly multiweek trips
Break-in Period: few weeks
Weight: not sure, but they are pretty heavy
Price Paid: about $200

I bought these at REI prior to my first lengthy backpacking trip (14 days in the Colorado Rockies). I "broke them in" by wearing them when I walked my dogs for a few weeks beforehand, but that was it. They ended up working out amazingly well on the trip and I never had a single blister over two weeks while my friends (including someone wearing La Sportiva Makalus) were forced to use mole skin. I was very impressed.

I have used them a few times since (once for a week in Canyonlands, Utah, and for a week on Annapurna, Nepal) and they have still never let me down. Overall, these have proved to be tried and true favorites. I highly recommend them.

I agree with other reviewers that it takes a long…

Break-in Period: 15-20 miles

I agree with other reviewers that it takes a long time to break in these boots. During the break in, I laced these boots while wearing strips of mole skin on my heels to prevent blisters. After a few years, and Superfeet I no longer wear moleskin.

These are tough, durable boots, and the long break in can be expected. I have used a powerwasher for years to clean these boots. With a heavy pack, these boots provide good support.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Moraine AT versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there are 14 reviews for other versions of the Moraine AT. Read all reviews »

Montrail Men's Moraine AT

The Men's Moraine AT has been discontinued.

The Montrail Men's Moraine AT is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at US Outdoor Store.