Montrail Mountain Masochist - Women's

Weight 9.2 oz / 261 g

First off, I find that the sizes are longer than they…

Materials: gryptonite, nylon, leather
Use: hikes, walks,
Break-in Period: 150 days

First off, I find that the sizes are longer than they should be. I ordered a size 9 and it was almost 1" longer than it needed to be. I sized down to the 8 1/2 which fits the length of my size 9 foot foot, but the fit just is off.

The arch support is set too far back. I've tried on dozens of models of walking/hiking/ and running shoes this year and none have the arch set way back like this.

Another thing which is really annoying and painful is in the outer side/toe region. The canvas strips which are more decorative than functional, extend down all the way to the floor of the shoe causing a ridge inside the shoe.

Both of my pinky toes are getting blistered from rubbing against these and I don't have the option of thicker socks because I had to buy the size 8.5 which is a bit narrow for me.

I'm doing my best to break them in slowly but this is ridiculous -- my feet hurt before I even leave the house and 1/4 mile later I have the beginnings of blisters. I'd like to get my money back.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Mountain Masochist versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Mountain Masochist. Read all reviews »

Montrail Women's Mountain Masochist

The Montrail Women's Mountain Masochist is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 15, 2014 at SunnySports.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016