Montrail Mountain Masochist

Weight 9.2 oz / 261 g

First off, I find that the sizes are longer than they…

Materials: gryptonite, nylon, leather
Use: hikes, walks,
Break-in Period: 150 days

First off, I find that the sizes are longer than they should be. I ordered a size 9 and it was almost 1" longer than it needed to be. I sized down to the 8 1/2 which fits the length of my size 9 foot foot, but the fit just is off.

The arch support is set too far back. I've tried on dozens of models of walking/hiking/ and running shoes this year and none have the arch set way back like this.

Another thing which is really annoying and painful is in the outer side/toe region. The canvas strips which are more decorative than functional, extend down all the way to the floor of the shoe causing a ridge inside the shoe.

Both of my pinky toes are getting blistered from rubbing against these and I don't have the option of thicker socks because I had to buy the size 8.5 which is a bit narrow for me.

I'm doing my best to break them in slowly but this is ridiculous -- my feet hurt before I even leave the house and 1/4 mile later I have the beginnings of blisters. I'd like to get my money back.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Mountain Masochist versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Mountain Masochist. Read all reviews »

Montrail Women's Mountain Masochist

The Montrail Women's Mountain Masochist is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 15, 2014 at SunnySports.