Montrail Mountain Masochist

Weight 9.2 oz / 261 g

First off, I find that the sizes are longer than they…

Materials: gryptonite, nylon, leather
Use: hikes, walks,
Break-in Period: 150 days

First off, I find that the sizes are longer than they should be. I ordered a size 9 and it was almost 1" longer than it needed to be. I sized down to the 8 1/2 which fits the length of my size 9 foot foot, but the fit just is off.

The arch support is set too far back. I've tried on dozens of models of walking/hiking/ and running shoes this year and none have the arch set way back like this.

Another thing which is really annoying and painful is in the outer side/toe region. The canvas strips which are more decorative than functional, extend down all the way to the floor of the shoe causing a ridge inside the shoe.

Both of my pinky toes are getting blistered from rubbing against these and I don't have the option of thicker socks because I had to buy the size 8.5 which is a bit narrow for me.

I'm doing my best to break them in slowly but this is ridiculous -- my feet hurt before I even leave the house and 1/4 mile later I have the beginnings of blisters. I'd like to get my money back.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Mountain Masochist versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 4 reviews for other versions of the Mountain Masochist. Read all reviews »

Visit Montrail's Mountain Masochist page.

Free Shipping. Montrail Women's Mountain Masochist Shoe FEATURES of the Montrail Women's Mountain Masochist Shoe Webbing and strap closure system provides exceptional fit and comfort for the long run Full foot Trail Shield protects the foot from rocks and trail debris Lightweight, compression molded EVA and low profile mid-sole provide a responsive ride Gusseted tongue keeps out debris SPECIFICATIONS of the Montrail Women's Mountain Masochist Shoe Fit Note: Snug midfoot and open toe box Midsole: Single-density molded EVA Durometer: Medial Post 65 Asker C / 55 Asker C (+/-3 degrees) Ride Height: 20 mm heel, 10 mm forefoot Outsole: Gryptonite Weight: 9.2 oz / 261 g Protection: Full length Trail Shield Toe Counter: Synthetic overlay

The Montrail Mountain Masochist is lightweight and responsive, with medial posting for support and stability on aggressive terrain.

- CampSaver.com

Designed for the off-road runner who wants exceptional fit, performance, and breathability, the Mountain Masochist is lightweight and responsive with killer traction.

- EMS

Eat up aggressive terrain in the breathable, trail-dominating Mountain Masochist from Montrail - a lightweight, low-profile shoe with a Gryptonite outsole for supreme traction. A full foot Trail Shield protects your feet from rocks and debris while the mesh uppers vent excess heat.

- Mountain Gear