Montrail Odyssey

Pros: Arch Support, Breathable, Shock-Absorbent, Stabilizes…

Use: trail run, light backpack, hike
Break-in Period: couple of hours

Pros: Arch Support, Breathable, Shock-Absorbent, Stabilizes Foot

Best Uses:, Grass, Mixed Terrain, Rocky/Unstable Terrain

Describe Yourself: Trail Jogger, Hiker, Backpacker, Road/Mt biker, Skinny Skier

Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

Comments: another good trail runner by Montrail. stable, built for real abuse that off road running brings. my favorite is the vitesse (have worn out multiple pairs of this cadillac of trail runners), but saw these on closeout thru (...)at a price too low to turn down. They did not disappoint. Contrary to one of the above raters, I found the heel loops were effective for pulling on and off wet muddy shoes. Toe protectors worked well on stones, and, .... my feet loved the way they felt. Seems like a great shoe, but I will advise once I wear out my first pair.

CAUTION: Montrail seems to run at least a half size small.

Update: September 12, 2009

UPDATE of previous review:

Four months after I started using, had real bad de-lamination of tread. Even the best shoe is useless if it has manufacturing problems. I have talked to other Odyssey owners that had similar problems.

If you've owned or used a Montrail Men's Odyssey, please share your experience.

Montrail Men's Odyssey

The Men's Odyssey has been discontinued.

The Montrail Men's Odyssey is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 27, 2009 at Mountain Hideaway.