Montrail Sabino Trail

Weight 12.8 oz / 363 g

Best fitting pair of shoes I've ever worn. I'll never…

Summary

Best fitting pair of shoes I've ever worn. I'll never wear my hiking boots again. Trail-ready right out of the box.

Pros

• Extremely grippy soles
  • Very cool mesh
  • Best fit on the foot of any shoe I've ever worn

First pair of trail running shoes. I'm transitioning from a lifetime of using heavier hiking boots. The familiar long break-in period to get the shoe (and your foot) conditioned to each other is a thing of the past.

I'd read a post by Andrew Skurka about how his required ZERO BREAK-IN and he'd shipped them to resupply points on thru-hikes for quick shoe refreshes. I took a risk and ordered these on close-out from REI. I wore them around the house and from the first time I put them on I knew these were going to change my hiking experience.

The best fitting and feeling shoe I've ever worn, hands down! I yanked the insoles to insert my favorite versions and I was up and hiking with no hot spots, no blisters and no abrasion areas. Lacing system allows specialized tying to tighten or loosen where you need it. A very large and round toe box leaves plenty of room for wiggle, while the well formed heal area griped my feet just right.

The light weight, extremely grippy sole and cool mesh material made me not have to consider the state of my feet at all on my inaugural 25 mile hike. I even felt the breeze on my toes a few times...hot feet solution! There was no need for a separate pair of camp shoes. Either lace these looser or remove the insoles for a comfy fit while making camp.

Never will return to hiking BOOTS. I'm a trail runner believer.

Visit Montrail's Sabino Trail page.

Free Shipping. Montrail Men's Sabino Trail Shoe DECENT FEATURES of the Montrail Men's Sabino Trail Shoe Synthetic leather and nylon mesh upper materials for a lightweight and flexible feel Thermoplastic midfoot shank and forefoot Trail Shield provide tensional rigidity and underfoot protection Medial posting for stability Dual-density compression molded EVA midsole for stability and support, with heel and forefoot internal pods for cushioning Gryptonite outsole provides great traction on wet and dry surfaces Gusseted tongue keeps out debris The SPECS Midsole: Dual-density compression molded EVA Durometer: Medial Post 68 Asker C / 58 Asker C (+/-3 degrees) Ride Height: 19 mm heel, 9 mm forefoot Outsole: Gryptonite Weight: 12.8 oz / 363 g Protection: Forefoot-only Trail Shield Toe Counter: Synthetic overlay Fit: Wider forefoot

Keep moving in warm spring weather and late summer sessions with the stable Sabino Trail running shoes from Montrail. A thermoplastic midfoot shank and forefoot Trail Shield plate protects your feet from sharp trail features while the Gryptonite outsole provides massive traction on wet and dry surfaces.

- Mountain Gear

Montrail Sabino trail-running shoes are at home on dirt. Choose these shoes for your next jaunt through the woods. Breathable nylon mesh uppers with supportive synthetic leather overlays offer superb ventilation; gusseted tongues help keep out trail debris. Nylon linings wick moisture off your feet and dry quickly to promote a dry, blister-free interior. Dual-density EVA midsoles offer great cushioning over the miles. Medial posts add arch support for mild overpronation. Midfoot shanks supply torsional stability to help prevent ankle rolls. Trail Shield(TM) forefoot plates protect against stone bruising. Aggressive Gryptonite(TM) rubber outsoles feature a multidirectional tread pattern for traction on rugged trails and paved paths. Montrail Sabino Trail trail-running shoes feature a wide forefoot and 10mm heel-to-toe drop. Closeout.

CLOSEOUTS . Go from blacktop to backcountry in Montrail's Sabino trail running shoes. These lightweight warriors handle tough terrain with a rugged synthetic leather upper that's reinforced with a thermoplastic forefoot Trail Shield for outstanding bruise protection and torsional rigidity. Available Colors: BLUE CHIP/YELLOW, COOL GREY/TIGER. Sizes: 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 12.5, 13, 14, 15.

- Sierra Trading Post

Montrail Men's Sabino Trail

The Men's Sabino Trail has been discontinued.

The Montrail Men's Sabino Trail is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 18, 2014 at Moosejaw.