Montrail San Juan

My wife calls the Montrail San Juan casual shoes "butt-ugly",…

Materials: unlined leather, ctx thermo-moldable insole
Use: casual/campsite/movie and pizza
Break-in Period: Couple of days with socks, 3-5 days no socks
Weight: appr. 1lb 3oz. pair

My wife calls the Montrail San Juan casual shoes "butt-ugly", but I just love these shoes! The San Juan features a single layer of leather with elastic gore, that molds to the shape of your foot. I definitely endorse the CTX thermo-moldable insole. Just pop into the oven at 225 degrees for three minutes, and place back in shoe and wear around the house for another three to five minutes, and you have a custom fit that's unrivaled!

Beware of blisters wearing the San Juans barefoot, as the leather is unlined. Break-in period is minimal, and literally non-existent with socks on. I wear my San Juans to the movies, to grab a pizza, or just to hang around the campsite at the end of the day. This is my favorite pair of casual shoes, and I recommend them highly.

For travel by ferry, cruising island bike routes or city commuting, the comfortable, low-cut San Juan slip-ons from Montrail have a CTX, removable footbed for a custom fit.

- Mountain Gear

Montrail's San Juan is a low-cut slip-on with a single layer of the highest quality leather that breathes and conforms to the foot. This stylish shoe has turned-out seams that eliminate any rough edges as well as customized structural support that is better on the joints, better for circulation, and therapeutic for the plantar surface of the foot. Not just another urban shoe, Montrail's San Juan has foot-mind harmony everytime you put them on.

- RockCreek

Montrail San Juan

The Montrail San Juan is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new footwear product, check out the best reviewed current models.