Montrail Streak

I'm a fan of Montrail running shoes; having got several…

Materials: Synthetic
Use: Trail and mixed trail/road running
Break-in Period: None
Weight: c340g/shoe (US size 12)
Price Paid: £32.50 (half UK RRP)

I'm a fan of Montrail running shoes; having got several ultra events under my belt wearing Continental Divides (see my review of the CD).

I'm UK based and don't find it easy to get Montrail shoes (bought my CDs from the US), so when a UK shop was selling all its Montrail shoes at half price, I jumped at the chance.

The Streak is very lightweight, the overall design being pretty minimal. The soles are grippy but the tread won't disappear after a few miles of tarmac. They are an excellent trail+road shoe, having being designed for that purpose, rather than being a road shoe with a grippier sole and reinforced upper. Of course you may prefer a shoe with an 'armoured' upper, in which case they're probably not for you.

The upper is well ventilated: it won't hold water at bay, but it drains well.

Montrail seem to be inconsistent with their sizing; they are longer than my (same size) CDs. I've also got a pair of Montrail Phoenixes, which are longer still!

As with the CDs; they hold my narrow feet well and don't roll around on technical terrain, but the toe box is roomy (I have quite 'high' toes). I found them comfortable from the start and done runs of up to 25 miles in them.

Overall these are a nimble, grippy trail shoe that has met my (high) expectations.

If you've owned or used a Montrail Streak, please share your experience.

Montrail Streak

The Streak has been discontinued.

The Montrail Streak is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 24, 2013 at Moosejaw.