Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife

For the price, you cannot beat the quality. I have…

Summary

For the price, you cannot beat the quality. I have the Heavy Duty model and it is great. The carbon Steel does require a little more maintenance but no problem. I like the sturdy plastic sheath.

Pros

• Price is excellent
  • Stays aharp

I have two of the Heavy Duty version of this knife.  I put one in the kitchen to test and one in the backpack to test on the trail.

The knife holds an excellent edge and I have sliced many a tomato, carrots, ham, hotdogs, etc in the kitchen. On the trail, I have batoned and cut 550 cord.

The Heavy Duty model has a thicker overall blade. If you are used to using stainless steel blades, you should put a patina on this knife because it is Carbon Steel (how to on youtube).

Finally, the regular version of this is probably a better kitchen knife and the Heavy Duty (HD) is better for the trail.  For the price EXCELLENT KNIFE!

If you've owned or used a Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife, please share your experience.

Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife

The Morakniv Companion Heavy Duty Knife is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new fixed-blade knife, check out the best reviewed current models.