Moss Tents Stardome III

I have owned a Stardome III for more than 15 years…

Design: 4 season modified freestanding dome
Ease of Setup: one person 15 minutes max

I have owned a Stardome III for more than 15 years and it is as good as the day I bought it. I live in Alaska and I have put this tent through its paces to say the least including wind gust measured in excess of 70kts. It is easy to carry and fits nicely in a boat or airplane. This is by far the best tent I have ever owned.

The best tent I have ever used -- absolutely bulletproof.

Design: 4 season backpacking
Ease of Setup: Harder than average
Weight: 13
Price Paid: about $550

The best tent I have ever used -- absolutely bulletproof. My Stardome III is now 8 years old and has about 150 days of use on it -- and I live in Alaska. I used it on a 50-day expedition north of the Arctic Circle, with rain nearly every day, high winds and extreme temperature ranges. It kept the weather out -- we were always warm and dry.

It's a bit of a pain to set up, and it is heavy and expensive, but I LOVE MY MOSS! I have been on so many trips where everyone else has drips from the roof, or puddles on the floor, or the weight of the snow is making their tent sag. And I am warm and dry and happy, because none of these things is happening to me. And even after 8 years of use, it is in great shape. I really recommend this tent.

I purchased a North Face 4 season tent which leaked…

Design: 4 season
Ease of Setup: easy after the first time
Weight: 11
Price Paid: $399 in sale

I purchased a North Face 4 season tent which leaked badly through the floor on the first outing. The Moss tent is superior in, I think, every way. It is the best tent I have owned and has easily withstood even Scottish mountain rain!

I have now purchased the small Starlet, which promises to be excellent as well. The general feel of the tent is very good. I also enjoy the fact that the tent colours let in a very natural colour lighting.

Moss Tents Stardome III

The Moss Tents Stardome III is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.