Moss Tents Starlet (Three-Season)

I also absolutely love this tent. Have had it for…

Ease of Setup: Very easy
Weight: maybe 5 lbs or lighter
Price Paid: Can't remember

I also absolutely love this tent. Have had it for several years. Cycled across America last summer '09 and used it on several other cycle trips.

It has only 2 poles so very easy to put up. I plan a long trip (Cairo to Capetown) with a group and actually bought a Hubba Hubba but I think I will stay with my Moss. I also love the netting which is good when no fly is needed.

I am wondering if anyone maybe at a store that used to sell the Moss might have a 'footprint' or ground sheet made especially for it.

I am shocked and wondering why Moss no longer makes that tent ... or the people that bought out Moss don't. What a SHAME.

Judy

This is THE most perfect tent I have ever used. Moss…

Design: Three-season freestanding ventilation
Ease of Setup: Very easy to set up. Only 2 poles, and a rainfly.
Weight: 3.65 lbs.

This is THE most perfect tent I have ever used. Moss has really made a sweet tent this time. I needed a 3-season backpackable ventilation tent to deal with hot humid weather. I have tried for years to find a North Face Ventilator, but have never been able to get ahold of one due to the short production run (1994-1996). I read a review on BACKPACKER about the Starlet and was very impressed. Even more impressive is that Moss is one of the few companies to make their tents in the good old USA.

This tent can hold two people without a problem. The rain fly is rip-stop material, and has yet to leak. I have had this tent a long time and have put it through the trials of backpacking. Easy to set up and tear down, easy to get in and out of, very lightweight, and packs up into a sack that is no bigger than my sleeping bad in its stuff sack.

Can't say enough about this baby. I was very sad to hear that this year (2002) Moss is no more. They have been bought out by MSR. MSR now has made some slight changes to the Moss tents, and now sells them as their own. I guess this just goes to show how good the Moss products really are. Those interested in a Moss tent should go out TODAY and get one. They are becoming harder to find everyday.

If anyone has any questions about this tent I will try and answer them for you. Just e-mail me. Now....GO OUT AND BUY A MOSS WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!!!!

Moss Tents Starlet (Three-Season)

The Moss Tents Starlet (Three-Season) is not available from the stores we monitor.