Moss Tents Thunderdome

While a bit heavy for backpacking, the Thunderdome…

Ease of Setup: Easy: 1-10min
Weight: Over 10 lbs

While a bit heavy for backpacking, the Thunderdome is do-able as a car camping tent. I've had it in 95 degree heat, pouring rain/sleet, 60+ winds, it's withstood all admirably and kept us comfy inside. While I've yet to have it in the snow I know it would pass the test, no problem. It's well constructed and waterproof.

I particularly like the vents in the fly...really helps w/condensation. Double doors and convertible top make for great ventilation. Large vestibule is a Godsend for storage. Also many pockets for storing flashlights, tp, gorp, water bottles, etc...

Probably the only things I 'didn't' like about the Thunderdome are the weight and a little more time consuming to set up than my Quest Viper, but that's really comparing apples and oranges.

Even though Moss is no longer making this tent MSR is taking care of warrantee issues...although I, personally, have never had a prob w/the tent.

You will not be sorry if you buy this tent for car camping, boating trips, etc... I would not however recommend it for backpacking because it's over 10 lbs...WOOF!

Moss Tents Thunderdome

The Moss Tents Thunderdome is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new 3-4 season convertible tent, check out the best reviewed current models.