Mountain Hardwear Altitude Jacket

I am very pleased with this jacket. I was nervous…

Fabric: 3 ply Conduit
Price Paid: $425 CND

I am very pleased with this jacket. I was nervous buying it because I could not find more than a couple of reviews on it. I was either buying a Marmot Thunderlight (525 CDN) or this one. The fact that it was not Gore-Tex made me hesitate too. But the proprietory 3 ply laminate called Conduit really works.

I first wore my jacket on a two-day backpacking trip, the first of which it rained as we climbed approx. 4000 ft of elevation. It kept me dry and it "breathed" ok too. It dried overnight, just hanging in the shelter. At $100 less than the Marmot, it should last me longer too because it is IMO of a more durable construction. OK, it is not as light but I can live with the extra ounces.

Conduit material beats Gore-Tex in my opinion. Superior…

Fabric: Conduit(tm) 3-ply

Conduit material beats Gore-Tex in my opinion. Superior in breathability and cost. This coat is reinforced with Codura from shoulders down back of sleaves to the cuffs and the bottom on back where it's prone to be sat on.

Nalgene pockets open to nylon. It makes the chest warm as a summer rain jacket. If these where to be mesh, the Altitude would soar above all other technical shells out there.

This parka is really great for its breathable quality!

Fabric: Conduit(tm) 3-ply
Price Paid: $394.95 CAN

This parka is really great for its breathable quality! There's only one problem, it keeps water when it's raining! You'll never be wet by the rain but if you're in areobic activity, the persperation will take more time to get out. But it's a great jacket for a great price!

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Altitude Jacket, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Altitude Jacket

The Altitude Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Altitude Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.