Mountain Hardwear Argon Ice Pant

Fist let me say I love Mountain Hardwear. I own a…

Fist let me say I love Mountain Hardwear. I own a number of their jackets and other gear. They make great gear and stand behind what they make.

That said, these pants are not one of their best products. Maybe if you are looking for ski pants or do not plan to use them for mountaineering they would be fine. But if that is the case, why spend the money.

According to the Mountain Hardwear web site, these pants are full zip. What they do not tell you is that they do not zip off. Yes the zipper goes all the way around, but the zipper does not fully open.

Therefore, you at some point have to put your leg through a hole. Not a problem unless you are wearing crampons... I did not want to spend over 300 dollars on a pair of hardshell winter pants, just to punch a hole in them when I was putting them on.

Also, they do not tell you that the zipper goes along your butt..? Why, I do not know. It does make for an awkward fit, not to mention hard to put on and zip. You have to bend around to get it past your butt. Plus due to the position of the zipper, the cut is large. Much larger than normal.

Other than that, they look nice.

Since no one carried these in a store near me, I had to order them On-line. I returned these the day after I tried them on.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Argon Ice Pant, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Argon Ice Pant

The Argon Ice Pant has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Argon Ice Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 15, 2013 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new hard shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.