Mountain Hardwear Aurora Parka - Men's

The Aurora parka and pants are full featured shell…

Fabric: Gore-tex Paclite laminated to ripstop nylon

The Aurora parka and pants are full featured shell garments utilizing the new Gore Paclite laminate. They are not the lightest weight shells available (Arc'teryx Beta LT, a 3 layer shell and TNF AnaDablum also Paclite are lighter) weighing in a combined, both size large, at just over 2lbs. Still lighter than most 2 or 3 ply G-tex shells.

What you get is full length 2-way main zip on the parka and pants, pit zips, slash (out of the way of pack straps) chest pockets that also vent, a fitted hood (may be too small to wear over a helmet, but works great over my ball cap), parka length covers the butt, the parka waist level pull cord and pants "belt" lie flat for minimal chafing under a hipbelt, and so on.

After six months of use, I am only unhappy with the DWR -- it is wetting out (though a run in the clothes dryer restores it). Ventilation is very good, unless I really exert myself do I soak myself. The only leakage I've suffered is when I left the rear pocket of the pants unzipped and a bit of rain snuck in. Durability, so far no signs of wear and tear.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Aurora Parka versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Aurora Parka. Read all reviews »