Mountain Hardwear Bedlam Vest

Weight 14 oz / 397 g
Center Back Length 27 in / 69 cm
Body Fabric Gridiron™ Fleece

Of all the fleece vests I have owned, this is one.

Summary

Of all the fleece vests I have owned, this is one.

Pros

• Warm enough
  • Fits right
  • Reinforced shoulders
  • Napoleon pocket is nice
  • On sale

Cons

• It's just a vest
  • Needs one more chest pocket

So I usually wear Columbia fleece vests that I pay about twenty bucks for on sale. Mine finally wore out (zipper died) so I got this MH one on sale in Butte.

I am not a huge MH fan because their gear, to me, is overpriced and over promoted, but this time the sale price got me.  I especially liked the idea of shoulder patches for pack straps, even though I doubt they will extend the life of the thing too much. I also like the big inside packets and the chest pocket. If it had two chest pockets I'd like it more. I always seem to be using these pockets for lip balm, gum, maps, etc.

It's spring here and a vest is just the thing for outside in the wind and variable sunshine. The material and fit is what you would expect from a company like MH. I am 5-10 and 220# and the large fits me with a LS shirt underneath. It rides just below the beltline; about where I think it should. The fleece material feels slightly thicker than your average material; good quality.

I think people lie in reviews a lot and say they got a better deal than they really did so they don't feel like fools so here is the proof of what I paid. Retail is about ninety (omg!) and most places carry it for sixty-something.  I don't think its worth that much. I paid forty-two and it's probably worth it. So far, so good.

03202012723.jpg

Visit Mountain Hardwear's Bedlam Vest page.

Stay warm with the Mountain Hardwear Bedlam Vest. A lightweight fleece vest with a subtle grid pattern. TufStretch at collar and shoulders for added durability.

- CampSaver.com

For layering performance on alpine adventures or staying warm when you're closer to home, zip up the versatile fleece Bedlam Vest from Mountain Hardwear. Made with 100% polyester high filament count yarn knit in a grid pattern for insulating efficiency, this vest is an easy way to crank up the heat, and TufStretch abrasion panels on the shoulders make it so you can carry a pack without fear of wear and tear.

- Mountain Gear

Mountain Hardware Bedlam Vest (Mens)Stay warm. A lightweight fleece vest with a subtle grid pattern. TufStretch at collar and shoulders for added durability.FeaturesTwo front handwarmer pocketsChest pocket for quick access to essentialsOne-handed hem drawcord for quick fit adjustmentsMicro-Chamois(TM)-lined chin guard prevents zipper chafeSpecsUsage: Backcountry / Cool WeatherWeight: 14 oz. / 397 g.Center Back Length: 27" / 69 cmMaterialsBody: Gridiron(TM) Fleece

- River Sports Outfitters

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Men's Bedlam Vest DECENT FEATURES of the Mountain Hardwear Men's Bedlam Vest Two front handwarmer pockets Chest pocket for quick access to essentials One-handed hem drawcord for quick fit adjustments Micro-Chamois-lined chin guard prevents zipper chafe The SPECS Average Weight: 14 oz / 397 g Center Back Length: 27in. / 69 cm Fabric: Body: Gridiron Fleece (100% polyester)

Mountain Hardwear Bedlam Vest

The Mountain Hardwear Bedlam Vest is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new fleece vest, check out the best reviewed current models.