Mountain Hardwear Enterprise

Weight 2 lb 4 oz / 1.02 kg
Capacity 1850 cu in / 30 L
Dimensions 16 in X 11 in X 16 in / 41 cm X 28 cm X 40 cm
Materials 210D HexNutâ„¢ Ripstop Nylon, 840D HT Ballistic Nylon

I purchased and use this pack for commuting to and…

Design: Top loading commuter pack
Number of Pockets: About 6 compartments with pockets inside
Max. Load Carried: 10 lbs
Height of Owner: 6'1"

I purchased and use this pack for commuting to and from work by bicycle. It's replacing my Timbuk2 courier bag, which was giving me back problems and couldn't easily hold a change of clothing along with my laptop.

The Enterprise is performing beautifully! Lots of room for the computer, a change of cloths and shoes, and paperwork. Many pockets, each with a very clear purpose (as opposed to the random-pocket packs we've all seen too often).

My only complaint, and a trivial one at that, is that the area that holds a PDA and/or cell phone tends to flop forward when a PDA or cell phone is in the pocket. I keep having to fish for the flap. They would have done better to put the cell phone pocket on a more rigid part of the interior.

Highly recommended for folks like me who want a lightweight pack to commute with large, light volumes.

I've only been running this pack for a couple months,…

Number of Pockets: 4 zippered pockets, two nets
Max. Load Carried: probably fifteen- twenty pounds in books
Height of Owner: 5'9"

I've only been running this pack for a couple months, after my Targus pack gave out in the zipper. Nonetheless, with my summer job this pack will give me almost everything I could ever need as far as duplicity goes. I use it as a pack to school and work, as well as a weekend daypack on the trails. The side nets are roomy and best of all don't interfere with the internal compartment space, I can carry two Nalgenes and don't worry about them falling out at all.

Downsides for this design is it doesn't have a bladder pouch, but the side nets make this a minor setback. The only other complaint is that when using the front compartment, the pack gets a bit top heavy and will tip if set down, this is just an annoyance for me really, and the stuff inside stays put so it doesn't matter. Innovative vertical pouch zippers to the front hold all sorts of things from a small book to small binoculars so I'm set anywhere I go. I'd say the only other thing I could wish for is a larger main compartment for more of my school junk, but no pack can give me the load distribution this does, with the ridiculous capacity I would use if I had it. The final big seller on this pack is its padded laptop compartment, which I was surprised to stuff my fifteen inch laptop into, but it fits perfectly.

Overall this design is going to last me awhile, and I forgot to mention the first thing that sold me on this pack: the beefy zippers for all compartments.

Visit Mountain Hardwear's Enterprise page.

Mountain Hardwear Enterprise - 2013 ModelCarry your essentials for the holidays or work inside the multi-purpose Enterprise Backpack from Mountain Hardwear. Store your laptop and other electronic devices on its spacious main compartment that contains a padded sleeve. It only weighs 1.95 lbs., making it very convenient to bring along anywhere, and has a front pocket which provides room for your tablet or eBook reader while side compression and deep side pockets allows easy access to power cords, earphones and water bottles. A tuck away waist belt is included, as well as an adjustable sternum strap that stabilizes your body while walking. There are padded grab handles (front and back) which present additional carrying options. For a multi-functional backpack you can take on a trip or to the office, the Mountain Hardwear Enterprise is an awesome choice.

- SunnySports

Whether you need room for your laptop and music player or for your rain shells and GPS, the Enterprise Backpack from Mountain Hardwear offers all of the room and organization you need to hit the streets or the trails. CoolWave suspension technology lets your back breathe while offering support, regardless of the amount of gear you have with you. Use the daisy chain to attach extra items and the multiple organizational and water bottle pockets to give each of your items its own specific home. PRODUCT FEATURES: Highly technical CoolWave suspension maintains excellent fit and ventilation regardless of load ensuring outstanding comfort in all conditions Tough 210D HexRip nylon body panels combine with 840D high-tenacity nylon bottom and fully bound seams to ensure durability and long life Front pocket organizer keeps frequently-used items handy and includes two padded pockets ideal for delicate electronics Roomy main compartment with burly #10 YKK zip and fully padded hydration/laptop sleeve Internal zip pocket with key clip secures important items Internal soft fleece pocket for sunglasses Two zippered pockets on front panel offer additional storage and organization Daisy chain with padded grab handle and ice axe loop offers convenient lash/clip points Side compression straps provide load control Side mesh pockets with reflective tabs keep water bottles handy Sternum strap and removable webbing waistbelt add stability when needed 1850 cu. in. / 30 L

- Appalachian Outdoors

Dressed for the office, but well equipped for the trail, the Mountain Hardwear Enterprise daypack combines a supportive suspension with a clean, functional design and lots of convenient organization.

The Mountain Hardwear Enterprise is a classic day-pack with functional features to transition for the office to the airport and beyond. Enjoy plenty of organization in this streamlined backpack. Main pocket contains a fully padded laptop sleeve and fleece lined pocket Front pocket contains a tablet sleeve and zippered pocket and mesh compartments HardWave pack panel provides support Soft, streamlined shoulder straps offer comfort Dual large front pockets offer easy access Side compression straps and deep side pockets offer water bottle and power cord storage Tuck away waistbelt and adjustable sternum strap add customizable stability Easy to find grab handles on front and back take a cue from duffels and travel packs

- OMCgear