Mountain Hardwear Epic Jacket

This is a very lightweight, fitted, and stylish basic…

Fabric: Conduit Silk

This is a very lightweight, fitted, and stylish basic jacket. But I can't give it a good review because it simply has not held up. The conduit silk waterproof layer is peeling apart at the shoulders, which means every time I am in the rain, I get soaking wet.

I have only owned the jacket for 2 years, and have taken it into the backcountry 3-4 times, and I wear it regularly to work as a rain layer. I've treated it well, so it's not like I left it crumpled in a pack or something. I feel that for a waterproof breathable rain jacket, which is a real investment, it should really last longer than 2 years.

It sounds like other users have had the same problem. Once your waterproof-breathable layer is split, there is really no fixing the jacket. So what I have now is a really expensive windbreaker.

I will not buy the Conduit fabric again, next time I'll stick to Gore-Tex. Save your money and get a better jacket, this one will not hold up.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Epic Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 14 reviews for other versions of the Epic Jacket. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Women's Epic Jacket, please share your experience.