Mountain Hardwear Epic Jacket

Weight 12.3 oz / 348 g
Center Back Length 26.5 in / 67 cm
Body Fabric Ark™ Ripstop 2.5
Laminate Material DRY.Q™ Core

This is a very lightweight, fitted, and stylish basic…

Fabric: Conduit Silk

This is a very lightweight, fitted, and stylish basic jacket. But I can't give it a good review because it simply has not held up. The conduit silk waterproof layer is peeling apart at the shoulders, which means every time I am in the rain, I get soaking wet.

I have only owned the jacket for 2 years, and have taken it into the backcountry 3-4 times, and I wear it regularly to work as a rain layer. I've treated it well, so it's not like I left it crumpled in a pack or something. I feel that for a waterproof breathable rain jacket, which is a real investment, it should really last longer than 2 years.

It sounds like other users have had the same problem. Once your waterproof-breathable layer is split, there is really no fixing the jacket. So what I have now is a really expensive windbreaker.

I will not buy the Conduit fabric again, next time I'll stick to Gore-Tex. Save your money and get a better jacket, this one will not hold up.

rated 3.00 of 5 stars All Epic Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 14 reviews for other versions of the Epic Jacket. Read all reviews »

Mountain Hardwear Women's Epic Jacket

The Mountain Hardwear Women's Epic Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen August 4, 2014 at SunnySports.

If you're looking for a new rain jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.