Mountain Hardwear Ethereal FTX Ice Parka

This is an excellent jacket. I've never appreciated…

Fabric: Gore Tex XCR/ FTX Ultra

This is an excellent jacket. I've never appreciated pit zips as they provide little in the way of true ventilation. The torso and unusual forearm vents on this jacket really work. The stretch Goretex underarm panels facilitate even the longest reach without causing the jacket to raise up. The two external pockets are both large enough to hold at least a map and compass depending on which side you prefer to store them in.

The hood could do with a little more functionality, but that's just me being really fussy. In truth, it works well and has ample room for a lid or hat

I am especially keen on the athletic fit on this jacket. It is tight enough to prevent needless flapping in the wind, whilst loose enough to wear a fleece underneath if need be.

Finally the jacket weighs in at a cool 650g. Easily the best bit of kit I've bought in ages. Coming from someone that's a 'kitaholic' that aint bad!

I got this jacket from Ebay quite cheap, because they…

Fabric: Gore-Tex XCR

I got this jacket from Ebay quite cheap, because they can be very expensive. It provides a slim, athletic fit (alpine cut). It's probably the best jacket in the market right now--equally on par with any Arc'teryx jacket. All the zippers are waterproof, it has pit zips and ventilating zips on the fore-arm. I recommend it to anyone looking for a great jacket. Just one thing, it doesn't have any internal pockets or anything. It just has two pockets up front, So i'll have to make due with those. But I don't think that will be a problem--An Awesome buy!~

Mountain Hardwear Men's Ethereal FTX Ice Parka

The Men's Ethereal FTX Ice Parka has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Men's Ethereal FTX Ice Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hard shell jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.