Mountain Hardwear Excursion Trifecta Jacket

Weight 2 lb 10 oz / 1.18 kg
Center Back Length 31 in / 79 cm
Body Fabric Ascent™ Micro Herringbone

I just purchased this jacket, so my review will be…

I just purchased this jacket, so my review will be based on my initial impression. I'm 5'8", 190 lbs, and I purchased a size large. I chose the grill/black color.

Overall...I love this jacket.  I have owned several Mountain Hardwear shells, and this is by far my favorite. I've been wearing it all day today, and I have yet to feel overheated...therefore it seems to breath very well with the new Dry Q membrain. The outer fabric seems to be very durable, and the overall design looks great.  Since it is a 3-in-1 jacket, it allows you to use it in various weather conditions.

Both jackets have a single interior pocket, and they both have fleece lined pockets. The shell has a water resistant zipper on the chest pocket, but the hand and pit zips have standard zippers. The chest pocket is HUGE on the shell...which is a big plus. The hood seems large enough to use with a helmet, and it can be adjusted down when you are not wearing a helmet.

The liner jacket is very lightweight and very plain in design...but it seems very warm. The liner jacket has snaps on both sleeves and a snap at the collar to help in attaching it to the outer shell.

Overall....this seems to be the perfect "all around" jacket, and I plan to get numerous years of use out of it.

Mountain Hardwear Excursion Trifecta Jacket

The Mountain Hardwear Excursion Trifecta Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 10, 2014 at Second Ascent.

If you're looking for a new component (3-in-1) jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.