Mountain Hardwear Flip 25°/40°

Max User Height 6 ft 0 in / 180 cm
Shoulder Girth 62 in / 157 cm
Hip Girth 58 in / 147 cm
Foot Girth 38 in / 97 cm

This is the best sleeping bag I've ever used and certainly…

Design: semi-rectangular
Fill: synthetic
Temperature Rating: 25/40
Weight: not sure
Price Paid: got it on sale for under $100

This is the best sleeping bag I've ever used and certainly the best value for the money. It's not the very lightest bag you can buy but it's not heavy either.

The interior nylon is very silky feeling and comfortable to sleep in. The zipper is a full length, double acting zipper that goes all the way around the bottom so you can stick your feet out if you want to. It has a partial zipper on the opposite side from the main zipper which allows you to turn down the top of the bag on really warm nights. Little snaps keep the folded back top in place securely.

It doesn't have a hood which I find perfect in a three season bag. If it gets cold I prefer wearing a hat to hood anyway so it's perfect for me. It's roomy enough to be comfortable but not so roomy that it's cold. The flip feature works great, in case you have any doubts about that (as I did). It compresses down to a reasonably small size.

Absolutely love my Flip 25/40. I am NOT a mummy bag…

Design: semi-rectangular
Fill: Thermic MX™
Temperature Rating: 25/40 F
Weight: 3 lbs
Price Paid: 499

Absolutely love my Flip 25/40. I am NOT a mummy bag person, too constrictive for my frame, so I went with the Flip as it is a semi-rectangular bag, and one I can stick my feet out of when I want to stretch out or cool down.

The bag does what it claims: one side for warmer evenings, flip it over for cooler nights. Used it camping in a cabana in Maryland near the AT, weather went from warm to cool to warm to cool and the bag was an ace. A bit heavy for long backpacking trips perhaps, but excellent for long weekend trips.

Let me just say that this is quite possibly the best…

Design: Semi-Rectangular
Fill: Thermolite™ Extra
Temperature Rating: 25/40
Weight: 2 lbs, 14 oz.

Let me just say that this is quite possibly the best bang-for-your-buck bag that I've ever used. It's not the lightest bag in the world, but it certainly is not heavy either. And considering the kind of money you'd have spend just shed even 12 ounces of weight from this bag, you really can't complain about the Flip being just a hair under 3 lbs.

I was skeptical of the 'flip' concept, but so far it seems to work just fine. When the temps were in the 40's, I used one side. When they dipped into the mid-30's, I simply turned it over....and I stayed warm.

The zippers work excellent, and the extra 12-inch zipper opposite the main zipper is particularly nice for broad-chested guys like myself. It also helps with venting when the temps hover up around 50. The semi-rectangular shape also is a plus for a guy my size as well.

I do wonder if this baby could really take me down all the way to 25 degrees. If you sleep without a mat or don't have an insulated one, I might be a little concerned about the lower 25 degree rating (because keep in mind the 40 degree side of the bag is going to be on the ground side!). It's not a big problem for me because if I know the temps are to likely drop below freezing, then I'll just take my 15 degree down bag instead. I really only use this bag when the temps are in the 32-to-55 range.

Minor quibbles aside, this is a great value bag for what I need it to do.

The best place I've seen to get this item is:

$90 is the standard price....but using a product code ("mh2008"), that'll knock $20 of the price. And free shipping on top of that. That brings the price to a lean $70, and I have yet to find a cheaper deal on a new Flip anywhere.

I see these product codes come frequently in their email flyers, and it's always been the same (this year, at least!). Don't know how long they will last.

A great bag, so be sure to pick one up!!

Visit Mountain Hardwear's Flip 25°/40° page.

The Mountain Hardwear Flip35/50 Sleeping Bag is a versatile synthetic camping bag is two bags in one. Designed for ultimate comfort with a semi-rectangular cut for enhanced freedom of movement. This versatile bag can be flipped over for a 35 F rating or a 50 F rating. Unzip it into a quilt or easily zip to another Flip 35/50. Insulated with Thermal.Q synthetic insulation it a great choice for warm and cool weather

- CampSaver.com

The Mountain Hardwear Flip 35/50 Sleeping Bag is designed for ultimate comfort. This versatile bag can be flipped over for a 35 F rating or a 50 F rating. For even more versatility the Flip 35/50 can be unzipped and turned into a quilt for zipped to another Flip 35/50 bag. Flip the bag from one side to the other to change temperature rating Roomy and versatile semi-rectangular cut Off-set quilt construction eliminates cold spots from seams Can be zipped to another rectangular bag or unzipped as a blanket Adjustable draw cord top Chest storage pocket Thermal.Q insulation has outstanding loft and excellent compressibility

- OMCgear

The Flip from Mountain Hardwear is actually two sleeping bags in one. Depending on what side you place up, this versatile bag can be flipped over for a 35 F rating or a 50 F rating. Designed with a semi-rectangular cut for enhanced freedom of movement and comfort. Unzip it into a quilt or easily zip to another Flip 35/50. This camping bag is insulated with Thermal.Q synthetic insulation making it a great choice for warm or cool weather. PRODUCT FEATURES: Flip the bag from one side to the other to change the temperature rating from 50 to 35 degrees Roomy and versatile semi-rectangular cut Off-set quilt construction eliminates cold spots from seams Can be zipped to another rectangular bag or unzipped as a blanket Adjustable draw cord top Chest storage pocket Thermic MX insulation has outstanding loft and excellent compressibility Weight: 2 lb. 12 oz Insulation: Thermic MX Lining: 75D Polyester Taffeta Shell: Taffet Nylon 50D Loft: 4 in Stuff Size:8 in Inside Length: 78 in Shoulder Girth: 62 in Foot Girth: 38 in Hip Girth: 58 in

- Appalachian Outdoors

Mountain Hardwear Flip 35/50 Sleeping Bag - This versatile synthetic camping bag is two bags in one. Designed for ultimate comfort with a semi-rectangular cut for enhanced freedom of movement. This versatile bag can be flipped over for a 35 F rating or a 50 F rating. Unzip it into a quilt or easily zip to another Flip 35/50. Insulated with Thermal.Q synthetic insulation it a great choice for warm and cool weather. Features Flip the bag from one side to the other to change temperature rating Roomy and versatile semi-rectangular cut Off-set quilt construction eliminates cold spots from seams Can be zipped to another rectangular bag or unzipped as a blanket Adjustable draw cord top Chest storage pocket Thermic MX(TM) insulation has outstanding loft and excellent compressibility The Basics Weight2 lb. 12 oz. / 1.25 kg. Materials InsulationThermic MX(TM) Lining75D Polyester Taffeta ShellTaffetA Nylon 50D

- Massey's Outfitters