Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Hooded Down Jacket

Surprisingly warm. I am 5'10" 185 lbs. 42 chest; 33…

Summary

Surprisingly warm.

Pros

• Tight fitting hood
  • Warm

Cons

• Fragile fabric
  • Cost

I am 5'10" 185 lbs. 42 chest; 33 arms; 34 waist; 16.5 neck . I bought a Large. I can fit this over layers (shirts, sweatshirts, midweights), but it also fits under my shells (Arc Beta AR in M and Marmot Pro Tour in L).

I bought a Patagonia Ultralight Hoody and this at the same time as they were both on sale. Luckily I live in the country with no neighbors because I probably looked pretty goofy going out and doing walking laps in my yard alternating between the two to see which I liked better.

My conclusion was that the Ghost Whisperer was better. The temps were about 0-5°F with a light wind and the hood with elastic stays tighter around your head and keeps you warmer. I also felt less air seep through the stitching. I think the Patagonia is better looking and the hood is better looking just as OutdoorGearLab stated. The Pat is the better coat for around town, but the Whisperer is more effective.

The material is light and fragile so I will almost always have it under a shell.

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Ghost Whisperer Hooded Down Jacket versions

In addition to the 1 men's review above, there is 1 review for another version of the Ghost Whisperer Hooded Down Jacket. Read all reviews »