Mountain Hardwear Hardpack Parka

I had been looking for the Pipe Dream for a while…

I had been looking for the Pipe Dream for a while online, but turns out the model was completely sold out - so I "settled" for this jacket on sale at the same price. I couldn't be happier with the turn of events. I don't have any jackets with M.H.'s Conduit waterproofing, which is what the Pipedream uses, but the Gore-tex in this jacket can't be beat.

This season I wore it on the East Coast in sub 20 windchill, and freezing whiteout in CO. I also had a 50 degree day at Vail and a near 60 day at A-Basin. I couldn't have been happier with the versatility. In the cold, the jacket kept the wind out and with the pit zips open, I stayed bone dry on the warm days. I would recommend this to anyone.

The only negative is that I wear an XL MH Link fleece that doesn't zip in to the L shell very well - the XL zipper is longer and the fleece is bulky under the shell. This isn't a problem when you're exercising, however, because other layers keep you plenty warm.