Mountain Hardwear Hardpack Parka

I had been looking for the Pipe Dream for a while…

I had been looking for the Pipe Dream for a while online, but turns out the model was completely sold out - so I "settled" for this jacket on sale at the same price. I couldn't be happier with the turn of events. I don't have any jackets with M.H.'s Conduit waterproofing, which is what the Pipedream uses, but the Gore-tex in this jacket can't be beat.

This season I wore it on the East Coast in sub 20 windchill, and freezing whiteout in CO. I also had a 50 degree day at Vail and a near 60 day at A-Basin. I couldn't have been happier with the versatility. In the cold, the jacket kept the wind out and with the pit zips open, I stayed bone dry on the warm days. I would recommend this to anyone.

The only negative is that I wear an XL MH Link fleece that doesn't zip in to the L shell very well - the XL zipper is longer and the fleece is bulky under the shell. This isn't a problem when you're exercising, however, because other layers keep you plenty warm.

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Hardpack Parka, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Hardpack Parka

The Hardpack Parka has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Hardpack Parka is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 5, 2007 at US Outdoor Store.

If you're looking for a new snowsport jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.