Mountain Hardwear Lamina 20°

This is a great synthetic bag. It's very compressible…

Summary

This is a great synthetic bag. It's very compressible and lightweight.

Pros

• Compressible
  • Warm

This is a great synthetic bag. It keeps me warm and is a great fit. It has enough room to roll but not too much to create cold pockets. For a synthetic bag it's extremely lightweight and extremely compressible. I've never seen a synthetic bag as compressible as this one. It has a nice pocket up at the top to store a headlamp or anything I might need in the night.

I use this bag on practice AT hikes and plan to use this as my winter bag for my thru-hike.

Mountain Hardwear scores big with the Lamina. It more…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Mountain Hardwear)

Summary

Mountain Hardwear scores big with the Lamina. It more than keeps pace with more expensive products. We loved the softness and durability.

Pros

• Luxurious fabrics
  • Warm
  • Light weight

Cons

• None

Mountain Hardwear describes the Lamina 20 as “an excellent choice for damp, cold conditions.” We chose the Girl Scout Camporee over Memorial Day weekend for our test. After our excursion into the Santa Cruz Mountains in May — for more than our fair share of cold, fog, drizzle and rain — we have only one response. Agreed!

The Lamina was extremely comfortable. I felt free to move and reposition, and the bag moved with me easily. It has just the right amount of roominess for comfort, while maintaining warmth. My feet were never cold, which is not something I can say very often.

For more info and some photos visit my website GearGuide.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Lamina 20° versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 5 reviews for other versions of the Lamina 20°. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Women's Lamina 20°, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Women's Lamina 20°