Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35°

Shoulder Girth 60 in / 152 cm 62 in / 157 cm 64 in / 163 cm
Hip Girth 56 in / 142 cm 58 in / 147 cm 60 in / 152 cm
Foot Girth 36 in / 91 cm 38 in / 97 cm 40 in / 100 cm
Price $130.00 USD $140.00 USD $150.00 USD

I love this bag. I also have another colder weather…

I love this bag.

I also have another colder weather bag but just keep using this one.  If really colder and below the bag rating I use a liner.

I never used to use mummy bags but this one works out. Not quite as restricted as some other mummy bags which works for me and still keeps me warm.

It is a synthetic bag so loft is not quite as good as a down of equal thermal value but I love it.  A little more reliable in wetter or damper conditions and I pull it out as soon as the tent is set and the lofts comes back soon there after. So far after many night, some inside a tent and some with no tent.  I have enjoyed.  NO cold spots.

There is a treatment on the outer shell to help with repelling water but as usual if I am to be out side with a product I will give a very light spray of some sort of moisture guard to keep the water off the outside.  Then on the inside the lofty fill wicks moisture away.  I sleep hot so I like how this bag works.

Once the night is over or if during I need to get out, the double action zipper works well and there are two zippers.

Other things to note,

• good foot-box.
  • I like how the hood and face gasket work, simple but effective.  I like how the face gasket has shock-cord.
  • It comes with a compression sack but I bought a smaller eVent compression sack which I also use but is even smaller.

Yes, I do recommend this bag and would also buy it again.

giftogab

Thanks Calahan! Just picked one up from REI with my dividend!

I've taken this sleeping bag on several trips with…

Summary

I've taken this sleeping bag on several trips with me and have been pleasantly surprised by how warm it is for a 35 degree bag (although there have been times when I wished it were warmer) and how well it packs down.

Pros

• Warm
  • Packs down well
  • Mummy design isn't suffocating

Cons

• Zipper sometimes is a bother

I've used this sleeping bag for a 10-day trip to the Boundary Waters in early May when there was still some snow on the ground, and while I could have used a liner, I slept pretty well in this bag (minus the wetness from the constant rains we got too). In my experience it didn't dry super quickly, but doesn't really get saturated.

It packs down well in my Sea to Summit compression bag (the size of two Nalgenes) and is fairly light weight. I got a super good deal on this bag, I'm not sure if I would pay the full price for one, I would rather get a colder degree sleeping bag.

This is a very light, compact, and tough bag that…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a very light, compact, and tough bag that is good for most three-season camping. I use a liner and wear extra clothes if it might get colder than the rating. Recently been working on lightening my load, so this bag really helped. It has gotten a real workout in the last few years and is still in great shape.

Pros

• Light
  • Compact

Cons

• May not be the plush, warm bag that some like.

I recently went from a 4000+ pack for my weekend trips to a 2000+ pack. I still seem to bring too much stuff but have reduced the weight by ten pounds or so.

This bag weighs 2+ pounds and stuffs to a small canteloupe size with the compression straps.  I have washed it once (use a commercial size washer) and it came out with just as much loft as when new. I know down would be lighter but I don't have the money for down.

I am 5' 11" and I have plenty of room in the bag, but not too much that cause billowing. There's enough room at the feet for my shoes if I want to keep them warm.

I have not been disappointed by this sleeping bag.