Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35°

Shoulder Girth 60 in / 152 cm 62 in / 157 cm 64 in / 163 cm
Hip Girth 56 in / 142 cm 58 in / 147 cm 60 in / 152 cm
Foot Girth 36 in / 91 cm 38 in / 97 cm 40 in / 100 cm
Price $130.00 USD $140.00 USD $150.00 USD

I love this bag. I also have another colder weather…

I love this bag.

I also have another colder weather bag but just keep using this one.  If really colder and below the bag rating I use a liner.

I never used to use mummy bags but this one works out. Not quite as restricted as some other mummy bags which works for me and still keeps me warm.

It is a synthetic bag so loft is not quite as good as a down of equal thermal value but I love it.  A little more reliable in wetter or damper conditions and I pull it out as soon as the tent is set and the lofts comes back soon there after. So far after many night, some inside a tent and some with no tent.  I have enjoyed.  NO cold spots.

There is a treatment on the outer shell to help with repelling water but as usual if I am to be out side with a product I will give a very light spray of some sort of moisture guard to keep the water off the outside.  Then on the inside the lofty fill wicks moisture away.  I sleep hot so I like how this bag works.

Once the night is over or if during I need to get out, the double action zipper works well and there are two zippers.

Other things to note,

• good foot-box.
  • I like how the hood and face gasket work, simple but effective.  I like how the face gasket has shock-cord.
  • It comes with a compression sack but I bought a smaller eVent compression sack which I also use but is even smaller.

Yes, I do recommend this bag and would also buy it again.

giftogab

Thanks Calahan! Just picked one up from REI with my dividend!

1 year ago

I've taken this sleeping bag on several trips with…

Summary

I've taken this sleeping bag on several trips with me and have been pleasantly surprised by how warm it is for a 35 degree bag (although there have been times when I wished it were warmer) and how well it packs down.

Pros

• Warm
  • Packs down well
  • Mummy design isn't suffocating

Cons

• Zipper sometimes is a bother

I've used this sleeping bag for a 10-day trip to the Boundary Waters in early May when there was still some snow on the ground, and while I could have used a liner, I slept pretty well in this bag (minus the wetness from the constant rains we got too). In my experience it didn't dry super quickly, but doesn't really get saturated.

It packs down well in my Sea to Summit compression bag (the size of two Nalgenes) and is fairly light weight. I got a super good deal on this bag, I'm not sure if I would pay the full price for one, I would rather get a colder degree sleeping bag.

This is a very light, compact, and tough bag that…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a very light, compact, and tough bag that is good for most three-season camping. I use a liner and wear extra clothes if it might get colder than the rating. Recently been working on lightening my load, so this bag really helped. It has gotten a real workout in the last few years and is still in great shape.

Pros

• Light
  • Compact

Cons

• May not be the plush, warm bag that some like.

I recently went from a 4000+ pack for my weekend trips to a 2000+ pack. I still seem to bring too much stuff but have reduced the weight by ten pounds or so.

This bag weighs 2+ pounds and stuffs to a small canteloupe size with the compression straps.  I have washed it once (use a commercial size washer) and it came out with just as much loft as when new. I know down would be lighter but I don't have the money for down.

I am 5' 11" and I have plenty of room in the bag, but not too much that cause billowing. There's enough room at the feet for my shoes if I want to keep them warm.

I have not been disappointed by this sleeping bag.

Visit Mountain Hardwear's Men's Lamina 35° page.

Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35F Synthetic Sleeping BagThe Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35F Synthetic Sleeping Bag is an ideal item to pack for a relaxed night's sleep in the cold outdoors. A thermal Q insulation system provides superior warmth by trapping in the heat and distributing it throughout the bag's length. It comes equipped with a welded lamina construction that enhances loft and prevents cold spots. With a shell fashioned from nylon 40D micro Ripstop, this sleeping bag lasts for a long time. Thanks to its soft 40D polyester Taffeta lining, moisture gets wicked away easily so that you remain dry. Use the stuff-sack and mesh storage bag that comes with this bag to store it away in a hassle-free manner. An internal zippered pocket near the shoulder allows you to keep your personal effects safe and close at hand. With the Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35F Synthetic Sleeping Bag, you're ensured a good night's rest in the wild outdoors!

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 Sleeping Bag FEATURES of the Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 Sleeping Bag Comfort mummy cut efficiently maximizes warmth without constriction Proprietary, welded Lamina construction enhances loft and eliminates cold spots Thermal.Q insulation has outstanding compressibility and maintains excellent loft Durable, lightweight nylon shell with DWR treatment repels water Soft polyester lining wicks away moisture. Full length #8 zipper with double sliders for versatile ventilation. Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for maximum warmth and comfort Face gasket and tailored hood comfortably block drafts at the hood opening and seal in warmth Zippered pocket at shoulder for storage SPECIFICATIONS of the Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 Sleeping Bag Comfort: 41deg F / 5deg C Comfort Limit: 32deg F / 0deg C Extreme: 3deg F / -16deg C Temp Rating: 35deg F / 2deg C Stuff Dimension: 6 x 11in. / 15 x 28 cm Shell: 40D Micro Ripstop Nylon (100% nylon) Insulation: Thermal.Q Lining: 40D Polyester Taffeta (100% polyester) Loft: 5in. / 13 cm SPECIFICATIONS for Regular Fill Weight: 1 lb 4 oz / 560 g Total Weight: 2 lbs 6 oz / 1.07 kg Inside Length: 78in. / 198 cm Shoulder Girth: 62in. / 157 cm Hip Girth: 58in. / 147 cm Foot Girth: 38in. / 97 cm SPECIFICATIONS for Long Fill Weight: 1 lb 7 oz / 645 g Total Weight: 2 lbs 8 oz / 1.14 kg Inside Length: 84in. / 213 cm Shoulder Girth: 64in. / 163 cm Hip Girth: 60in. / 152 cm Foot Girth: 40in. / 102 cm

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

The Lamina 35 from Mountain Hardwear is a warm, affordable, and water-repellent synthetic bag. Rated at 35 F, this warm synthetic bag is filled with Thermal.Q insulation that is both compressible and durable. The bag's welded Lamina construction enhances loft and eliminates cold spots. Soft polyester lining wicks away moisture and lightweight nylon shell repels water. Full-length durable #8 zipper has double sliders for ventilation. PRODUCT FEATURES: Comfort mummy cut efficiently maximizes warmth without constriction Proprietary, welded Lamina construction enhances loft and eliminates cold spots Thermic Micro fill is soft, lofty, compressible, and durable Durable, lightweight nylon shell with DWR treatment repels water Soft polyester lining wicks away moisture Full length #8 zipper with double sliders for versatile ventilation Comfort Footbox follows natural foot position for maximum warmth and comfort Face gasket and tailored hood comfortably block drafts at the hood opening and seal in warmth Internal zippered pocket at shoulder for storage Nylon compression stuff sack and mesh storage bag included Weight: 2 lb. 8 oz. Fill Type: SYNTHETIC Insulation Loft: 5 in Inside Length: Regular 78 in Shoulder Girth: Regular 62 in Foot Girth: Regular 38 in Hip Girth: Regular 58 in

- Appalachian Outdoors refers to the men's version

The Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35 sleeping bag is made with construction for ultimate warmth 35 F/2 C. A warm synthetic bag with Thermal.Q insulation is both compressible and durable. Welded Lamina construction enhances loft and eliminates cold spots. Soft polyester lining wicks away moisture and lightweight nylon shell repels water. Full-length durable #8 zipper has double sliders for ventilation.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version