Mountain Hardwear Lamina 35°

Shoulder Girth 60 in / 152 cm 62 in / 157 cm 64 in / 163 cm
Hip Girth 56 in / 142 cm 58 in / 147 cm 60 in / 152 cm
Foot Girth 36 in / 91 cm 38 in / 97 cm 40 in / 100 cm
Price $130.00 USD $140.00 USD $150.00 USD

I love this bag. I also have another colder weather…

I love this bag.

I also have another colder weather bag but just keep using this one.  If really colder and below the bag rating I use a liner.

I never used to use mummy bags but this one works out. Not quite as restricted as some other mummy bags which works for me and still keeps me warm.

It is a synthetic bag so loft is not quite as good as a down of equal thermal value but I love it.  A little more reliable in wetter or damper conditions and I pull it out as soon as the tent is set and the lofts comes back soon there after. So far after many night, some inside a tent and some with no tent.  I have enjoyed.  NO cold spots.

There is a treatment on the outer shell to help with repelling water but as usual if I am to be out side with a product I will give a very light spray of some sort of moisture guard to keep the water off the outside.  Then on the inside the lofty fill wicks moisture away.  I sleep hot so I like how this bag works.

Once the night is over or if during I need to get out, the double action zipper works well and there are two zippers.

Other things to note,

• good foot-box.
  • I like how the hood and face gasket work, simple but effective.  I like how the face gasket has shock-cord.
  • It comes with a compression sack but I bought a smaller eVent compression sack which I also use but is even smaller.

Yes, I do recommend this bag and would also buy it again.

giftogab

Thanks Calahan! Just picked one up from REI with my dividend!

This is a very light, compact, and tough bag that…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This is a very light, compact, and tough bag that is good for most three-season camping. I use a liner and wear extra clothes if it might get colder than the rating. Recently been working on lightening my load, so this bag really helped. It has gotten a real workout in the last few years and is still in great shape.

Pros

• Light
  • Compact

Cons

• May not be the plush, warm bag that some like.

I recently went from a 4000+ pack for my weekend trips to a 2000+ pack. I still seem to bring too much stuff but have reduced the weight by ten pounds or so.

This bag weighs 2+ pounds and stuffs to a small canteloupe size with the compression straps.  I have washed it once (use a commercial size washer) and it came out with just as much loft as when new. I know down would be lighter but I don't have the money for down.

I am 5' 11" and I have plenty of room in the bag, but not too much that cause billowing. There's enough room at the feet for my shoes if I want to keep them warm.

I have not been disappointed by this sleeping bag.

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All Lamina 35° versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Lamina 35°. Read all reviews »