Mountain Hardwear Lamina 45°

Light and small for a synthetic bag. Trim cut but…

Summary

Light and small for a synthetic bag. Trim cut but not too small for my wide shoulders. Despite all the reviews stating this goes below 45° I was chilly without a down jacket around 40-45 and I sleep warm.

Pros

• Light
  • Compact
  • Can get wet
  • Well made

Cons

• Felt more like 50+ degree bag

Like everything about the bag except I got cold around 45 degrees without a light down jacket. I usually sleep warm. Might have been the altitude affecting my physiology (9000ft).

I have used this bag on several trips through the…

Design: Mummy
Fill: Thermic Micro
Temperature Rating: +45 F
Weight: 1 lb. 12 oz.

I have used this bag on several trips through the summer months while sleeping in lean-to's and tents. I will say this it is a very nice bag. Also it's lighter weight than most synthetic sleeping bags.

It kept me very warm in summer temps I was a tad chilly once but the temp dropped to the low 40's high 30's but it was nothing drastic I just threw on my t-shirt, socks and I was fine. It's very spacious inside the bag as I like to be able to move around a bit it has the perfect size foot box so you are not trying to keep a large area warm.

It dries quickly very when it gets damp from condensation and or sweet. I feel this bag is a little shorter than your standard mid range bag so if you're on the tall side be aware of that before you buy it.

I also have a Lamina -15 and this bag will slide right inside of that for a liner but I hope I never need to do that. Wow, would it have to be cold out to do that.

The zippers are strong, durable and don't catch the bag when you are zipping or unzipping it very much. It compresses down pretty small and lofts back up quickly and it is very light weight. Feel it is made with quality and durability in mind while still staying light weight.

Mountain Hardwear is a USA based company so for me that is another plus as well. The bag is made with several small loops out side so you can attach it to your sleeping pad or hang it up to dry and it has several loops so you can turn it inside out to hang it to dry horizontally or vertically I see no real drawbacks to this sleeping bag for me it does its job quite well.

I would definitely recommend this sleeping bag to a friend.

I live in Alabama. The climate here is moderate. It…

Design: mummy
Fill: synthetic
Temperature Rating: 45 degrees F.
Weight: 27.82 oz

I live in Alabama. The climate here is moderate. It can get quite cold here at times, but for a large part of the year this bag is perfect.

I recently went on a camping trip and the temperature dipped down to about 32 degrees. I slept like a baby thanks to the Lamina 45 and my Therm-a-Rest Prolite 4 (though I do tend to sleep warm).

I'm a bigger guy (24" broad from shoulder to shoulder). Anyone larger than this may find the bag a little tight.

I love this bag!

If you've owned or used a Mountain Hardwear Lamina 45°, please share your experience.

Mountain Hardwear Lamina 45°