Mountain Hardwear Link Jacket

I was looking for a lightweight, warm, windproof fleece…

Fabric: Gore Windstopper Fleece

I was looking for a lightweight, warm, windproof fleece to wear hiking, biking, and around town. I originally bought the Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Tech, but returned it because it's cut ridiculously huge. So far, I've been really happy with the Mountain Hardwear Link. It's warm (similar to a sweatshirt) and the Power Stretch panels provide good ventilation. Though my jacket seems to be lacking the DWR, the Windstopper membrane makes this jacket essentially waterproof in rain and snow.

Hands-down the best cut jacket I've found. It has an athletic cut similar to a soft shell, but still has enough room in the chest and sleeves for long sleeve shirts. I'm not a huge fan of the Carbon (green) color, but the jacket still looks pretty darn cool.

I wore this jacket hiking in Utah in the dead of winter with only a long sleeve tee underneath and was happy. The jacket provided more than enough warmth when I was moving. Once my tee became damp and I stopped moving, it felt a bit chilly in the Power Stretch areas on the sides of the torso and arms.

Overall a really great jacket, especially for the price (I picked up a prior season closeout). Could be slightly warmer and more wind resistant without the Power Stretch panels, but then it's essentially a Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Tech.

I grabbed the 06 model on sale from REI Outlet and…

I grabbed the 06 model on sale from REI Outlet and combined it with a 20% offer. I was just looking for a basic fleece and couldn't have been more happily surprised. I'd never owned a fleece with Windstopper before and man is it great. This fleece is probably the most versatile garment I have and is great in fall/spring over a t-shirt, or in the winter over a flannel.

My only complaint is that the side pockets are a touch high, so it feels awkward walking with your hands in your pockets. Otherwise, the chest and internal pockets are a nice size and well placed.

The sizing runs true to list. I went with an XL even though the sizing chart puts me at a L. While the fleece fits fine when I'm using it alone, it doesn't zip into my L Mountain Hardwear Hardpack Parka very well. The fleece zipper is an inch longer and it bunches a little under the shell. I'm still glad I got the XL because it fits nicely over other layers, but if you are committed to using it as a zip-in layer, this is something to consider. An XL shell would absolutely swallow me.

At any rate, it is surprisingly warm for a low-volume fleece and I would get it again.

Beautiful mid-layer fleece jacket! Depending on your…

Fabric: Outer: Microfleece -- Inner: Poly Tricot Knit

Beautiful mid-layer fleece jacket! Depending on your needs...whether over your favorite base or under your favorite shell, you can't beat this jacket in this price range. Functional, comfortable and attractive (I have it in the color Carbon).

The Mountain Hardwear Link Jacket is a windproof, technical fleece for alpine climbing, nordic skiing, and mountaineering. Soft shell panels provide stretch and breathability. Zip-in compatible with designated shells. Available In: Prussian Red Hot Mountain Hardwear Link Jacket Features: Interior zip pocket Zip chest pocket Drawcord at neck Air permiable, four-way stretch, side and arm panels Hidden PowerStretch® cuff Hem drawcord Zips into all Trifecta System shells

- OMCgear

An insulating layer that works under a shell, or as a windproof outer layer. Great for high output activities where you may need some wind protection, but need more breathability than a waterproof shell may allow. Durable 100% polyester Windstopper Microfleece shell. 100% Windbreak Knit polyester is bonded to the micro fiber fleece for added protection. Gore Windstopper laminate is both totally windproof and very breathable. Polyester Tricot Knit liner - Hollow insulating fibers form a knit which is brushed on one side. The moisture dispensing knit keeps skin drier, warmer and more comfortable. Windproof front, back and outside of sleeves Air permeable, 4-way stretch side and underarm panels for increased freedom of movement. Hidden Polartec Power Stretch cuffs. Hem and neck drawcords keep the elements out and the warmth in. Zippered hand pockets. Zippered chest pocket. Avg. wt. 1lb 5oz.

- Campmor

The Mountain Hardwear Men's Link Fleece Jacket zips into compatible shells to give mountaineers breathable weather-protection. Windstopper microfleece and a Windstopper laminate make this lightweight jacket impenetrable to razor-sharp, high-altitude winds, but its breathability keeps you from swamping up. Four-way stretch arm and side panels make steep ascents feel fluid. The Link Jacket transitions easily into warmer weather, so shed your shell in spring and wear this flexible fleece alone on the first sport climbs of the season.

- Backcountry Outlet

Description of Mountain Hardwear Link Jacket If you have never bought into the idea that a windproof fleece could really be windproof, then you have not tried the Link Jacket. The Mountain Hardwear Link Jacket is a fleece that is perfect as an insulatin

- US Outdoor Store

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Men's Link Jacket (Fall 2007) Avg. Weight: 1 lb. 5 oz.; 595 g. (size large)Center Back Length: 28.25in.Usage: Alpine Climbing; Mountaineering Fabric: Body: WINDSTOPPER Microfleece Panel: Windbreak Knit Laminate: WINDSTOPPER Features: Air permeable, four-way stretch, side and arm panels Drawcord at neck Hem drawcord Hidden PowerStretch cuff Interior zip pocket Zip chest pocket Zips into all Trifecta System shells

Mountain Hardwear Men's Link Jacket

The Men's Link Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Men's Link Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 15, 2008 at OMCgear.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.