Mountain Hardwear Mastiff Jacket

The Mastiff is my new favorite fleece. The fit is…

The Mastiff is my new favorite fleece. The fit is great for me but may be slightly short for taller people (I am 5'8") It works great as a layer under my shell and as a stand alone jacket. It packs down to nothing and is light for how warm it is. I have to admit that my favorite part of this jacket is how soft the fabric is.

Pros: Light, warm, packable, and great fit.

Cons: Takes forever to dry out, and the elastic fabric of the cuffs came unraveled after only two weeks.

The Mountain Hardwear Men's Mastiff Fleece Jacket features a unique thermal fleece that works like dog fur to keep you warm in the backcountry. This Polartec Biomimicry fleece has both short and long yarns. The longer yarns cut wind so less of it pushes into the shorter, densely packed strands that trap body heat but let body vapor escape. The result is you stay exceptionally toasty in this exceptionally lightweight fleece jacket.

- Backcountry Outlet

Exceptionally high warmth-to-weight ratio make the Mastiff our lightest weight, warmest fleece jacket. Long, soft fibers cut the wind, while close, dense ones trap heat and allow body vapor to escape. Equally suited for aerobic and anaerobic cold weather activities.

- Altrec Outdoors

Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Men's Mastiff Jacket (Spring 2007) Avg. Weight: 1 lb. 3 oz.; 538 g. (size large)Center Back Length: 26.75in.Usage: Superlight Backcountry; Alpine Climbing Fabric: Body: Polartec Biomimicry Fleece Features: Dual hem drawcords High warmth to weight ratio Single chest pocket Stretch waist and cuffs Two front zip hand pockets

Mountain Hardwear Mastiff Jacket

The Mastiff Jacket has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Mastiff Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 25, 2007 at Backcountry Outlet.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.