Mountain Hardwear Mesa Convertible Pant

Weight 14.9 oz / 422 g
Inseam 30 in, 32 in, 34 in / 76 cm, 81 cm, 86 cm
Body Fabric Canyon™ Twill
Lining Fabric Micro-Chamois™

I like to have the convertible type pants in the summer/fall…

I like to have the convertible type pants in the summer/fall time, because I like the versatility of being able to wear shorts but if the trail gets "thick" to put on some pants. That's why I chose convertibles. These pants are very comfortable and are very easy to find a good fit.

One of the best features to me is the microfiber lined waist-band and integrated belt. My previous pants did not have this and what a difference it makes after about 10 miles. It prevents the pack hipbelt from causing the pants cord/elastic from digging into your skin.

There are two front pockets, two "butt" pockets and two cargo pockets which allow for good storage. The thing I like the best is that the bottom cuff of the legs has a cinch-cord to allow you to tighten or loosen them based on the terrain you are mucking through. I am a big fan and would recommend to a friend.

Mountain Hardwear Men's Mesa Convertible Pant

The Mountain Hardwear Men's Mesa Convertible Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 23, 2015 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.