Mountain Hardwear MicroChill Jacket

men's
Weight 11 oz / 312 g
Center Back Length 27.5 in / 70 cm
Body Fabric Velous Micro™ Fleece

After I got paid one day, I popped into one of my…

Fabric: Polyester

After I got paid one day, I popped into one of my favorite climbing store, and saw this jacket. My evil shopping side told me it'd be a perfect baselayer to wear under my poncho, or softshell! So i bought it, and it does not disapoint! I've worn it a ton now. Plus it is so light to pack! I dig it!
-Pirate

A plush, lightweight jacket that looks great and performs…

Summary

A plush, lightweight jacket that looks great and performs well.

Pros

• Soft
  • Warm
  • Good quality
  • Great for layering

Cons

• No interior pockets
  • No chest pocket

The hunt for another "perfect jacket" yeilded a great one this time. I was looking for a full-zip lightweight fleece jacket that I could wear on cool mornings walking the dog or hiking. Mountain Hardwear delivered again.

The Mountain Hardwear Microchill Jacket is the perfect combination of warmth, light weight, and plushness. It's not heavy at all (a mere 11 oz.), including chest panels inside to cut wind (not sure what the material is). And this thing is so soft (Velous Micro Fleece) it feels like wearing bunny fur—yes, it's that soft!

It does a good job of wicking sweat and breathes well. As with all fleece, it is only water resistant and is NOT totally wind-proof. As mentioned above, it has hem drawcords to snug it up at the bottom; however, there are no such adjustments or elastic on the sleeve hems (which in my opinion is a good thing). The collar can be zipped up to cover the neck for extra warmth and it has zippered handwarmer pockets.

The fit is standard—and true to size, which is one of the reasons I keep coming back to this brand—it consistantly fits well. I'm 5'6" and 185; I found the sleeves about 2" too long for me, but I had someone tailor it for me and now it's perfect.

This jacket will also be a great layering piece come winter. It's light weight and thinness will make it a great combination under a shell for all the the coldest days. And the Mountain Hardwear Micro Dome beanie would be a nice compliment to this jacket as well (I own three of those).

The jacket comes in some wonderful colors: Russet Orange, Sapphire, Backcountry Green, Black, Graphite, Blue Ridge, Otter, and Cypress (some colors may be discontinued, depending on where you buy it). The styling is nice and it looks good enough to wear out as a casula jacket. Mountain Hardwear logo on chest, 'nut' logo on left sleeve and back of collar in subtle contrasting color.

Sales can be found at Mountain Gear, Backcountry, and a couple others, with prices ranging from $54.98 (what I paid at Mountain Gear) to $89.95 at other vendors, and $90 direct from Mountain Hardwear.

Visit Mountain Hardwear's Men's MicroChill Jacket page.

With its soft hand feel and consistent warmth from collar to hem, the Mountain Hardwear Microchill Jacket is tailor-made for slipping over a base layer or wearing as a light standalone jacket. Its light weight and versatility make it perfect for packing in.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Mountain Hardwear Microchill Jacket for MenThe Mountain Hardwear Microchill Jacket for Men will keep you comfortable and warm even in dropping temperatures. This lightweight jacket works great for layering. With its soft hand feel and consistent warmth from collar to hem, it is tailor-made for slipping over a base layer or wearing as a light standalone jacket. Its light weight and versatility make it perfect for packing in. It provides superior warmth and comfort without the added weight. The zippered hand warmer pockets helps keep your fingers straight and toasty while the dual hem draw cords allow you to adjust its fit exactly the way you like it. It also includes a chin guard with micro-chamois lining that prevents zipper irritation. For a perfect all-around winter protection, choose the Mountain Hardwear Microchill Jacket for Men!

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

If the weather cools down grab your Mountain Hardwear Microchill Fleece Jacket and tell Old Man Winter to go fleece himself. Cush microfleece keeps you comfortable in the chill, and zippered hand-warmer pockets prove useful when gloves didn't make the pack list. Dual hem drawcords allow for simple adjustment so you get the most natural fit while trekking through the mountains. There's even a micro-chamois-lined chin guard to avoid the irritation cause by most zippers.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. Mountain Hardwear Men's Microchill Jacket FEATURES of the Mountain Hardwear Men's Microchill Jacket Zippered handwarmer pockets Dual hem drawcords for quick fit adjustments Micro-Chamois-lined chin guard The SPECS Standard fit Average Weight: 11 oz / 312 g Center Back Length: 27.5in. / 70 cm Body: Microchill Fleece v2.0 (100% polyester)

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version