Mountain Hardwear Mountain Jet 3

I have slept in this tent at least 60 nights. Easy…

Design: Three season, freestanding, dome
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 6 lb 12 oz pack weight
Price Paid: Don't remember

I have slept in this tent at least 60 nights.

Easy and quick to set up, single wall. Has enough ventilation to keep condensation at a minimum if set up properly. Light for its size.

Most of my camping is from May to October in North East United States. I usually camp in humid environments in which there would be a lot of dew in the mornings. The big double doors, low and high ventilation kept the inside quite dry.

It has seen gale force storms with horizontal rain and was dryer and held up better than almost all of the other tents in the campsites.

It is a good flexible design, two doors gives good summer cooling and it has good weather protection.

I prefer it to almost every tent I've used, especially those double wall tents that require that the canopy with mesh windows be set up before the waterproof fly. This design makes the tent harder to setup and gets the inside wet when setting up in the rain. It is a design flaw used by most US tent companies, including Mountain Hardwear. Why do soo many people tolerate this design flaw:-(

The Mountain Jet tents don't suffer form this flaw.

This tent is wonderful for all spring, summer and…

Design: three season
Ease of Setup: very easy
Weight: 4 lbs

This tent is wonderful for all spring, summer and fall camping. It's comfortable for both me and my boyfriend and our two dogs with extra room.

Mountain Hardwear Mountain Jet 3

The Mountain Jet 3 has been discontinued.

The Mountain Hardwear Mountain Jet 3 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 13, 2007 at Ramsey Outdoor.